Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Star-Spangled Line-Up: Danica Patrick linked to USF1 race seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
AutoCEO is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Say it ain't so! She wouldn't last three races in F1. She'd make a stupid mistake, break a nail, and we'd never hear the end of it. Keep F1 the boys club it is and should be.
+1!

Old 02-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
No, she's not F1 good, but she'd put taillights on any of you armchair pilotis.

There's a pretty strong whiff of misogyny here, boys.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ducati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Sure she'd pull ahead of me so fast that I'd be a rearview speck by turn 1, but you can't deny that USF1 is considering using her because of her marketability as much as her driving skills. Of course I would love if more Americans got excited about F1 and she would probably do a better job of "reaching the masses" than some unknown racer, but I'd personally rather see a couple new superstars developed instead of cashing in on the publicity of an SI model who otherwise seems destined to fail. Who knows, maybe USF1 and DP will surprise us, but that's not the bet my chips will be on.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
I would love to see her get cut-off by someone like Kimi, so she can stomp down pit lane after him with her fists clenched, ready to kick some ass!!!!!
To which Kimi will respond with one of his signature phrases like "eh dats OK" or something. Seriously, Danica wouldn't make it very long in F1, she may have 1 win, but I don't think she has the ability to even run with the mid pack. I say that going with a driver like Scott Speed would be a good move because he's been there. For a second driver it would be good to get some fresh, open wheel American talent.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
Sure she'd pull ahead of me so fast that I'd be a rearview speck by turn 1, but you can't deny that USF1 is considering using her because of her marketability as much as her driving skills. Of course I would love if more Americans got excited about F1 and she would probably do a better job of "reaching the masses" than some unknown racer, but I'd personally rather see a couple new superstars developed instead of cashing in on the publicity of an SI model who otherwise seems destined to fail. Who knows, maybe USF1 and DP will surprise us, but that's not the bet my chips will be on.
Very good point. I'd love to see new talent in F1 as well since we all know America has some good drivers. If Ken Block lost some weight and actually started training, I could see someone like him get into F1. Travis Pastrana has been building some cred for himself as a rally driver and I'm sure he'd become addicted to the speed as well. Maybe these guys aren't the most qualified but it'd be interesting to see some fresh faces in the first real US venture into F1.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I'd love to see her fail.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
I'd love to see her naked.
Fixed it for ya

Old 02-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enough
At the risk of chiming in after the shark's been jumped, I have to think that if Danica is used as a promotional tool (read: allowed to drive in F1) and the masses do gain interest, that could only serve to help the sport, right? I mean Beckham didn't do much but give the MLS some pretty good pub when he signed with the Galaxy and I have to think that's been a win for the typical American soccer fan. Why wouldn't the same thing apply to F1?

Old 02-19-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
+2. These rumors must be a joke. Scott and Danica?

Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Shes crap. Period. So is Scott Speed.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:08 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
i don't think some of you realize she tested for Honda's F1 team a few years ago and was well off the pace. needless to say, she wasn't invited for another test.

Quick Reply: Star-Spangled Line-Up: Danica Patrick linked to USF1 race seat