Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

USF1 team looking to sign Danica Patrick

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:30 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
USF1 team looking to sign Danica Patrick

Formula One news: USF1 Team would love to sign up Danica Patrick - GPUpdate.net Formula One

The all new Formula 1 team 'USF1' is hoping to enter Formula 1 in 2010 with IndyCar sensation Danica Patrick as one of its drivers. Patrick is one of the most popular drivers in IndyCar and would give the US F1 team a major boost in popularity to attract new sponsors.

The USF1 team will announce its plans 24 February and will settle down in Charlotte. There are several drivers on the short-list but Danica Patrick is high on the team's wishlist. "She's great. She gets a lot of press," USF1 technical director Ken Anderson told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "Indianapolis Motor Speedway president Tony George would probably be pretty mad with me if I took her out of the IRL but we'll see.

"I don't know if it's something she wants to do. We'd certainly love to test her and go from there."

A number of other drivers that were rumoured to be on the USF1 team list are former Toro Rosso driver Scott Speed but also the son of former F1 driver Derek Daly, Conor Daly is being mentioned.