Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Raikkonen thrilled with new Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
he's a finn, that's how they are. i agree with chris though, he's a straight shooter and that is a refreshing change from guys like hamilton who simply toe the corporate line. button is like kimi in that regard too.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dhinkle
I must say I surprised with using the word "thrilled" with Kimi in the same sentence. Heckuva a driver...has a great future on International Celebrity Poker....
That's true they don't call him Ice Man for no reason .... But IMO all things equal Kimi is the quickest but having said that he lost his spark since joining Ferrari let's hope he rediscovers his amazing form this season

Old 02-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Something interesting about the wing mirrors on the F60. As you guys know, according to 2009 FIA rules, there can be no "turning vanes" on the cars to improve aerodynamics. Well, Ferrari has created an ingenious device that they put on their wing mirrors that actually acts like a vane and directs air flow over the car. Right on the edge of the rules! That's what I love about F1.

There is a great technical comparison of the F60 and the MP4-24 on pages 16-17 of this months F1 magazine. This is the issue with Vettel on the front with the sledgehammer.

If you do not have a copy then you all need to tear a piece of clothing, get on your knees to repent and get a subscription ASAP. It is the F1 BIBLE!

Go Lewis!

Old 02-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
That's true they don't call him Ice Man for no reason .... But IMO all things equal Kimi is the quickest but having said that he lost his spark since joining Ferrari let's hope he rediscovers his amazing form this season
Not throwing stones here. I am of German heritage and the lack of emotion from the Hinkle men drive the ladies of the house nuts, unless we're discussing cars or racing....

Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Lets hope his liking of the new car translates to a rejuvenated Kimi

Old 02-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
I hope so too. Watching Hamilton beat Kimi when he brings his A game will be even better than watching Hammy win when Kimi brings his B game!

Old 02-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I hope so too. Watching Hamilton beat Kimi when he brings his A game will be even better than watching Hammy win when Kimi brings his B game!
+1 Love me some frustrated Kimi.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:31 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
well, he seems a bit disinterested to me. after he won it he seems to be looking for the next challenge, people keep telling me he won't be in F1 much longer. who knows...

i think kimi is no doubt very very quick when he is committed (as he showed in spa when he beat michael, many think that is when michael made the decision to retire) but overall i still believe alonso is the best driver on the grid. he is the total package as a driver and he has that killer instinct. to do what he did last season in an inferior car when many could have simply shrugged their shoulders says volumes.

i think what lewis has done since he got in F1 is very impressive but he has also had one of the best cars on the grid from the get go. i think most of the F1 paddock has drivers that, given the right car, could be world champs. people seem to forget that virtually every driver in F1 was a champion or close to it in whatever series they previously competed in.

on a side note, i was reading about seb loeb's test awhile back and was pretty impressed that he clocked a 1:22.5 at catalunya when on the same day bruno senna was 2.5 sec slower. i would love to see him in an F1 car full time but unfortunately that won't be happening.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
How about NOT!

This is the only Kimi I want to see . . .

Old 02-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^^^^lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!