Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
So, in observance of Memorial Day, and the request of the President to observe a national moment of silence at 3pm, NASCAR just stopped the race completely, parked all the cars, turned off all the motors, flew the flags at half mast and observed the moment of silence.

Puts it all into perspective and brings a lump to my throat...

One of the many reasons why I am a fan of Nascar. What a class act this series is...

Old 05-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Class act indeed!

So I wonder how this will affect Fantasy League points...

Old 05-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Well I just got back. Didn't plan to go then about 100 laps in me and a few friends decided to go with beer on our back and hope for a ticket. Well, no tickets were needed since we just walked right on in during a rain delay and sat. We saw maybe 10 laps at the most but had a good time.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Good thing you didn't have to pay!!
Were you there for the 3pm moment of silence? It gave me goose bumps just watching it on TV, so it must have been cool to have been there live.
Bummer that the race got called, but I just checked the radar and it's still raining there, so they made the right call...

Old 05-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ
Good thing you didn't have to pay!!
Were you there for the 3pm moment of silence? It gave me goose bumps just watching it on TV, so it must have been cool to have been there live.
Bummer that the race got called, but I just checked the radar and it's still raining there, so they made the right call...
Unfortunately, I was not. We didn't arrive till 4ish. I don't think it actually stopped the whole time. It stayed a light sprinkle but in turns 3 and 4 (where we were) it really did dry up very well. They put some serious effort into making it happen but it just wasn't the day.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ
So, in observance of Memorial Day, and the request of the President to observe a national moment of silence at 3pm, NASCAR just stopped the race completely, parked all the cars, turned off all the motors, flew the flags at half mast and observed the moment of silence.

Puts it all into perspective and brings a lump to my throat...

One of the many reasons why I am a fan of Nascar. What a class act this series is...
Totally agree, that was pretty awesome...

Old 05-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
So I dropped J Gordon this week and added M Kenseth. Starting in the back (42nd) and with his back problems, along with Kenseth's mastery of this track convinced me to do it.

My lineup:
J Johnson
M Kenseth
K Kahne
S Hornish
C Edwards

Good Luck to all!

Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Was there a race this weekend?

Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Wow, I really wish I could've gotten to a computer to change drivers while I was out of town. I did horrible.

Jeff has just been ripping it up these past two races (especially this weekend's race) and got past me again for the lead! Congrats!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Scoreboard?

Quick Reply: NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread