Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Don't forget to make your picks for this weekend!

Old 02-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I can't seem to figure out a decent 5th driver. Mine keep getting last place . . .

Old 02-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Me too I would have won week 2 if my guy didn't DNF...

Old 02-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
As an interesting side note, when the Las Vegas Motor Speedway remodeled in 1998 I bid and won the work. We redid the luxury suites and all of the public bathrooms and air conditioning units. It was good work and the Speedway people paid their bills on time. What was even cooler was that when they paid their final bill, they sent along 2 tickets to the race that year along with VIP access passes! It was the first race I had ever been to live. I was hooked. One of the best times ever.

So every year they have the race in Vegas I am always tempted to go. Maybe next year.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
I think im going to run the same group this week. Mostly because I can't really pick up anyone much better right now. As long as all of my drivers finsish this week I should come out alright. Unlike last week

If I could get one driver for this week I would have to go with #18. His home track and hes been on fire already this season.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by GuessWho
I think im going to run the same group this week. Mostly because I can't really pick up anyone much better right now.
Come on. Tell the truth. You forgot your password again huh?

Old 02-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The funny thing about this week is that you can easily snag all of the top 5 qualifiers and still have money to burn!

Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
The funny thing about this week is that you can easily snag all of the top 5 qualifiers and still have money to burn!

Al,

Unlike in F1, qualifying position usually has very little to do with ones finishing position - especially when teams are allowed to change the trim of the car from a qualifying setup (designed for one fast lap) to a race setup (designed for consistent laps). Teams will often pull off the alternator belt, use 0W oil, tape off all air cooling intakes, run different tire pressures, different camber, etc just to get one fast lap so they can get a good pit stall or even just to make the race.
Qualifying was especially close this week. In fact, if the driver that qualified 32nd had picked up a mere .40 seconds on his lap, he would be on the pole... The top 32 drivers are separated by less than .40 seconds!

Also, try not to change all your drivers all the time. I picked up Tony Stewart at $20.80 and he is now worth $21.30. If I were to drop him and try to get him again next week, it would cost me .50 more. Jeff Gordon is also worth .40 more than I paid for him, so in essence, I have $100.90 worth of drivers for my $100. If you keep dropping guys that have gone up in value, your are not getting the best bang for your buck.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
That's a good point. I never thought about that...

Anyone know what time the race is at today?

Old 03-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
That's a good point. I never thought about that...

Anyone know what time the race is at today?
Happy to help, since we are not playing for money. (if we were, I would be spewing all sorts of bad advice!!)

Your driver changes are locked at 4:30 eastern, so the green flag should be shortly after that.

Quick Reply: NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread