Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Bernie welcomes Schumi's Superbike snub

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Bernie welcomes Schumi's Superbike snub

ernie Ecclestone has welcomed reports that Michael Schumacher turned down a recent opportunity to make a full-time return to racing.

Schumacher, the retired seven-time Formula One World Champion, contested races of the German Superbike championship in 2008, and was offered a full ride in motorcycling's Superbike world championship by Honda for this year.

"If he wants to, there is a way for him (to do it). All he has to do is ask us," Honda Racing's Carlo Fiorani was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport in November.

Schumacher however turned down the offer. "I'm discounting any chance of an appearance in WSB. Maybe I'll go to watch. But that's all. I'm not going to race," the German said.
F1 CEO Ecclestone welcomed the news.

"It's good news that Michael has ruled out a ride in WSB - he wouldn't be able to race or ride round just for show, he'd have to give it a real go and that could be dangerous," the 78-year-old told Gulf News.

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
And I'm certain Schumi would've done well... THAT's what Bernie is afraid of: One of his former marquee names riding in a different series that would pull viewers from his circus, errr, I mean, Formula One.

I can't wait for Mosley and Bernie to ride off into the sunset.