Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Cosworth wins F1 single-engine contract

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
F1 loves to bill itself as the "most glamorous sport in the world!" One of the great things about F1 is that it is all about excess - excessive engines (who needs 20,000 RPMs?), excessive budgets and excessive fame for the drivers. It has always been a no-holds-barred racing league with an "if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen" mentality. That is one of the things that drew me to the sport. The no-compromise and no-limit character is what makes F1 special. Without that, it is just another racing league.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:25 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
good point, the crux of the matter /\

Old 12-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
F1 loves to bill itself as the "most glamorous sport in the world!" One of the great things about F1 is that it is all about excess - excessive engines (who needs 20,000 RPMs?), excessive budgets and excessive fame for the drivers. It has always been a no-holds-barred racing league with an "if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen" mentality. That is one of the things that drew me to the sport. The no-compromise and no-limit character is what makes F1 special. Without that, it is just another racing league.
+1 F1 is the pinnacle of motor-sport to freeze engines and cut cost would put it in the realm of the ordinary and mediocre as opposed to being on the cutting edge of the sport. I don't understand Mosley's rationale or lack thereof when he says:“As the guardians of the sport, the FIA is committed to working with the commercial rights holder and the remaining members of FOTA to ensure that Formula One becomes financially sustainable,” that's just retarded when has F1 in its history been financially sustainable? F1 has always been, (in the recent era) a marketing/R&D tool for the manufacturers
what manufacturer would want to continue in the sport using spec engines and tranny's or even worse get them from Cosworth? If they go through with this ludicrous idea we might as well follow NASCAR instead

Old 12-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

Rant aside on a totaly different point did you know the two co-creators of Cosworth were called Costin and Duckworth imagine the company could've been called Ducktin

Old 12-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'll tell you what - I wish SPEED would just show touring car races from around the world (DTM, BTCC, WTCC, JGT). Really entertaining to watch, cars we know and love, superb drivers, etc. Then let's get some LMS (Euro) races televised. While they're at it, bring back WRC coverage...

I could survive without F1 if the good series across the pond were televised. F1 seems like they WANT to piss their fan base off.

Here's what we're missing (stay patient until the 4:00 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaMS8rCJ0iM

Last edited by Chris from Cali; 12-06-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Go Ekström!

Old 12-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I'll tell you what - I wish SPEED would just show touring car races from around the world (DTM, BTCC, WTCC, JGT). Really entertaining to watch, cars we know and love, superb drivers, etc. Then let's get some LMS (Euro) races televised. While they're at it, bring back WRC coverage...

I could survive without F1 if the good series across the pond were televised. F1 seems like they WANT to piss their fan base off.
As much as I love F1, I have to agree with you. WRC, DTM and BTCC are both great racing series with tremendously talented drivers, as well as cars that people can relate to actual production models. I used to stay up late to watch WRC coverage when Speed still kept up with it and I was really disappointed with them when they stopped covering this, as well as the other series to replay more NASCAR races.