Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Interesting Claim by McLaren . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
I don't believe he did give back the advantage he gained. If that chicane had been sand or a wall, he would have had to back out of his maneuver, loosing momentum and speed. Raikonnen would have pulled away out of the chicane and kept pulling on him down the straight. Hamilton would have been nowhere near the back of Raikonen into La Source.
But you can't start going into those "what if" scenarios. If there was a wall, if he had stayed flat out, if a chicken had crossed the track ...
And we haven't yet gone into the "ok, so he took a different line here, so it should have made him lose 0,54" in that straight, and 0,39" in the following corner due to bad entry racing line, but the opponent lost traction for a while there ... so he should be 0,73" behind" ... can't happen!

It's quite clear you think he did not do enough. I suppose next time you will advise him to stop the car right there on the straightaway, get out of the car, wait for Max Mosley to show up with a whip and an inappropriate uniform and learn to dance polka? Hopefully it won't be another advantage gain story ...

As far as I'm concerned, he was on Kimi's arse (and making great time), took the shortcut to avoid a collision, let off the gas right away until Kimi took his position back, and proceeded to outbrake him the following corner ... fair and square ...

edit - here's Eddie Irvine's comment, mirrors what I just said, aka "what more did you expect Hamilton to do?"

“Let’s get this straight from the outset. I’m going to hold no punches in this article because the decision to strip Lewis Hamilton of the race win was bizarre! I think Formula 1 is an absolute joke now and it has lost all credibility. Lewis did as well as he could have done in relation to the law and was still penalised. Okay, so he took the legality of it to the limit but I definitely think he was on the right side of the limit.

“For starters, Kimi pushed him off the road in the first place! Lewis overtook him and Kimi blatantly pushed him off so the reason why Lewis missed the chicane was because of Kimi. Lewis let him back past by just enough so he could then pull a great overtaking manoeuvre into the next corner. I don’t know whether it was the FIA or the stewards on the day but the sport has lost all credibility and the bias is simply ridiculous.”
“If it wasn’t for Virgin Media, I wouldn’t watch F1 anymore. I’ve had enough of this bulls**t. I’m not so sure the FIA has a bias for Ferrari as such but I definitely think they are biased against McLaren. I think if it was BMW, Toyota or someone else it wouldn’t have happened. I don’t understand why teams now just don’t go and do their own thing. They don’t need the FIA and they don’t need CVC capital. They need to plan to break away on a certain date and pay a bunch of lawyers to run the company. The teams make the money and there is a board in place to make decisions as they do with the NFL in America. It’s disgraceful where it’s got to now.

“How Massa never got a penalty in the last race was bulls**t. A fudged up excuse was made for him afterwards because they couldn’t think fast enough to do it during the race! It reminds me of the Bush administration. Lazy, bad judgement, self-serving and you don’t know where it’s coming from. Who is it that is creating all this bulls**t?”
“If you look at the letter of the law, I don’t see how McLaren’s appeal can’t be successful. He has to be re-instated but then again, we are talking about the FIA and they are a bunch of idiots.

“The great shame of it was that it was such an exciting race. Hamilton was amazing and he is quite simply a better driver than any of them. He has pure class and they know it. He has a better feel, is more committed and has better judgement. I am looking forward to Robert Kubica and Fernando Alonso getting into better cars and then we’ll have an amazing championship. But if this bulls**t keeps happening, I don’t know if I’ll want to watch it anyway! It is horrible to see this injustice happening. Everyone can make a mistake but this is mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake. Complete incompetence.”

“I got banned for three races because a car lost its flywheel in front of me and I swerved instead of braked. I told them I didn’t have time to brake at 200mph! They compared it to a motorway accident where if you swerve from an outside lane into another lane and cause an accident you are at fault. But at 200mph you are not supposed to be sitting three feet from the car in front of you on the motorway. In F1, that’s exactly where you’re meant to be. The FIA have been stupid before and made many stupid decisions but I have never known an organisation turn so corrupt. They should be embarrassed to take that race win away from Lewis. Lewis can’t blame the team or himself.

“Next up is Monza and I am hoping to go but I doubt the FIA will give me a pass after what I have said! But who cares, someone has to say something because it’s getting ridiculous now. I’m looking forward to Monza. Great race, great people, brilliant atmosphere but probably usual bulls**t!”

Talk to you after Monza – if they let me in!

Eddie Irvine.

Last edited by Zorro; 09-10-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:04 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
But you can't start going into those "what if" scenarios. If there was a wall, if he had stayed flat out, if a chicken had crossed the track ...
And we haven't yet gone into the "ok, so he took a different line here, so it should have made him lose 0,54" in that straight, and 0,39" in the following corner due to bad entry racing line, but the opponent lost traction for a while there ... so he should be 0,73" behind" ... can't happen!

It's quite clear you think he did not do enough. I suppose next time you will advise him to stop the car right there on the straightaway, get out of the car, wait for Max Mosley to show up with a whip and an inappropriate uniform and learn to dance polka? Hopefully it won't be another advantage gain story ...

As far as I'm concerned, he was on Kimi's arse (and making great time), took the shortcut to avoid a collision, let off the gas right away until Kimi took his position back, and proceeded to outbrake him the following corner ... fair and square ...

edit - here's Eddie Irvine's comment, mirrors what I just said, aka "what more did you expect Hamilton to do?"

“Let’s get this straight from the outset. I’m going to hold no punches in this article because the decision to strip Lewis Hamilton of the race win was bizarre! I think Formula 1 is an absolute joke now and it has lost all credibility. Lewis did as well as he could have done in relation to the law and was still penalised. Okay, so he took the legality of it to the limit but I definitely think he was on the right side of the limit.

“For starters, Kimi pushed him off the road in the first place! Lewis overtook him and Kimi blatantly pushed him off so the reason why Lewis missed the chicane was because of Kimi. Lewis let him back past by just enough so he could then pull a great overtaking manoeuvre into the next corner. I don’t know whether it was the FIA or the stewards on the day but the sport has lost all credibility and the bias is simply ridiculous.”
“If it wasn’t for Virgin Media, I wouldn’t watch F1 anymore. I’ve had enough of this bulls**t. I’m not so sure the FIA has a bias for Ferrari as such but I definitely think they are biased against McLaren. I think if it was BMW, Toyota or someone else it wouldn’t have happened. I don’t understand why teams now just don’t go and do their own thing. They don’t need the FIA and they don’t need CVC capital. They need to plan to break away on a certain date and pay a bunch of lawyers to run the company. The teams make the money and there is a board in place to make decisions as they do with the NFL in America. It’s disgraceful where it’s got to now.

“How Massa never got a penalty in the last race was bulls**t. A fudged up excuse was made for him afterwards because they couldn’t think fast enough to do it during the race! It reminds me of the Bush administration. Lazy, bad judgement, self-serving and you don’t know where it’s coming from. Who is it that is creating all this bulls**t?”
“If you look at the letter of the law, I don’t see how McLaren’s appeal can’t be successful. He has to be re-instated but then again, we are talking about the FIA and they are a bunch of idiots.

“The great shame of it was that it was such an exciting race. Hamilton was amazing and he is quite simply a better driver than any of them. He has pure class and they know it. He has a better feel, is more committed and has better judgement. I am looking forward to Robert Kubica and Fernando Alonso getting into better cars and then we’ll have an amazing championship. But if this bulls**t keeps happening, I don’t know if I’ll want to watch it anyway! It is horrible to see this injustice happening. Everyone can make a mistake but this is mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake. Complete incompetence.”

“I got banned for three races because a car lost its flywheel in front of me and I swerved instead of braked. I told them I didn’t have time to brake at 200mph! They compared it to a motorway accident where if you swerve from an outside lane into another lane and cause an accident you are at fault. But at 200mph you are not supposed to be sitting three feet from the car in front of you on the motorway. In F1, that’s exactly where you’re meant to be. The FIA have been stupid before and made many stupid decisions but I have never known an organisation turn so corrupt. They should be embarrassed to take that race win away from Lewis. Lewis can’t blame the team or himself.

“Next up is Monza and I am hoping to go but I doubt the FIA will give me a pass after what I have said! But who cares, someone has to say something because it’s getting ridiculous now. I’m looking forward to Monza. Great race, great people, brilliant atmosphere but probably usual bulls**t!”

Talk to you after Monza – if they let me in!

Eddie Irvine.
Irvines got his view, iv'e got mine ( his is slightly more credible though! )

Hamilton was making great time, and was the best driver on the track, but he gained an advantage from cutting the chicane. He needed to drop further back behind Kimi to negate his gain from cutting the corner. He put his car into the wrong position on the track, if he had stayed tucked in behind kimi through the corner, he would have probably passed him down into La Source anyway. But he was to eager, and made the wrong decision, which he ultimatly benifitted from.