Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Big Belgian GP Spoiler - Don't Even Click Here If You Don't Want To Know

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Big Belgian GP Spoiler - Don't Even Click Here If You Don't Want To Know

In the biggest disgrace I have seen in sports for many years, Lewis Hamilton was robbed of a Grand Prix win in Belgium.

Here is the info:

pitpass - the latest, hottest F1 news

After some of the most exciting racing I have ever seen - I was literally dripping with sweat and screamed so loudly I have lost my voice - the Stewards have confirmed that they do not care about the fans or gaining popularity for F1. All they care about is protecting Ferrari. The move boggles my mind and is just plain ludicrous. Even the tifosi have to be upset with this. Put aside the rivalry for a moment and just think about what they have done here. They STOLE one of the best races ever from us. Did Lewis gain an advantage by cutting the chicane?? Sure. Did Raikkonen force him wide?? Sure. Did Lewis give back any advantage he gained? YES. Is that just part of racing? Of course. Did it effect the ultimate outcome? Not at all. Is this total bullshit. HELL YEAH!!

I am literally speechless. I honestly don't know what to say. One minute my son and I were jumping up and down and high fiving and the next we were checking the Internet for the "REAL" race results. Then only to get kicked in the stomach. I really thought that it had to be a joke when I read it. I am still in a state of shock.

I will not watch F1 the same again for a long, long time. I won't be confident that a race result is official until hours later when the broken and disfunction FIA weigh in. Just a total disgrace.

Not to state the obvious, but Massa only got a $10K fine for running Sutil into the pit wall. And in this very race Raikkonen gained several positions by going off track on lap 1 and then again at the end. Not to mention that Rosberg went off track with 3 to go and gained a position on several driver - UNDER A YELLOW FLAG! But there was not inquiry or even mention of it.

This may be it for me and F1 for a while guys. And it's not because it involves Lewis and robbed him of a win. It goes beyond that. I would feel this way if Kimi had been unjustly penalized and Lewis had gotten the win. Would it have been as emotional - of course not. But I would have come to the same conclusion - that the decision was unadulterated BULLSHIT! (excuse my French).

I respect Ferrari and was not jumping for joy when Kimi hit the wall. I WAS happy that we had one of the most exciting races ever and a historic track. Then it was all taken away with one of the most ridiculous moves ever.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna hold back here. Honestly, I just want to go puke.

Last edited by Barrister; 09-07-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting. It won't stay up for long. F1 will have that taken down before morning.

Here is a link to the rule they enforced - scroll down to page 7. You will have to copy and paste.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/475632E46002BEDAC125744F004312F4/$FILE/F1.SPORTING.REGULATIONS.19-05-2008.pdf

Old 09-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Interesting interview:

autosport.com - F1 News: Q & A with Stefano Domenicali

Do you believe him when he says that Ferrari didn't lodge the complaint??

Old 09-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
RIDICULOUS...hard to believe Ferrari didnt file the complaint, but who knows...

Just another reason to ignore F1, Im not even affected by this BS anymore. No surprise you know what I mean?

Old 09-08-2008, 02:35 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty disgusting call, but its pretty darn close to call.

I LOVE going to Ferrarichat when stuff like this happens, their 1 eyed approach to the discussions always cracks me up, especially when one "tifosi" hypothesizes that Hamilton intentionally wanted to get driven of the track to gain momentum and set up his entry into the chicane to force Raikonnens hand.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone with any knowledge of racing, and specifically F1, will know that Lewis was avoiding contact, gave Kimi the position back as soon as was possible, and gained no performance advantage. Even the announcers (specifically Steve Matchett) pointed this out.

As I said in the other thread, I am a big Kimi fan (his driving style) and was a HUGE Schumi fan (from the Benetton days), but something as blatant as this is disgraceful. Between Stepneygate, the Mosley whip bash, the ridiculous rulings by the stewards lately, I think it's a matter of time before fans leave en masse. I used to be one of the most faithful F1 watchers (getting up at 0400, etc.), but now it's hard to get excited.

Why can't Speed bring back the WRC, DTM, etc.???

Currently, ALMS is my biggest source of motorsport entertainment on TV.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I used to be one of the most faithful F1 watchers (getting up at 0400, etc.), but now it's hard to get excited.

Why can't Speed bring back the WRC, DTM, etc.???

Currently, ALMS is my biggest source of motorsport entertainment on TV.

EXACTLY!! AMEN to that brutha!!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Superfly
EXACTLY!! AMEN to that brutha!!
+1

Awesome race, but the penalty issued after the race is definitely one of the biggest disgraces the sport has ever seen!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
For a driver that has to be the lamest way to earn a victory ... lame-o.

Quick Reply: Big Belgian GP Spoiler - Don't Even Click Here If You Don't Want To Know