Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Big Belgian GP Spoiler - Don't Even Click Here If You Don't Want To Know

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The morning after isn't any better either. I still feel like barfing over this.

And, as predicted, the youtube vids are all gone. Thanks Bernie!!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:35 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
what's done is done, people may disagree but what can you do? there are 5 gp's remaining and they will be all the more exciting because of spa.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
what's done is done, people may disagree but what can you do? there are 5 gp's remaining and they will be all the more exciting because of spa.
Good to hear from you.

If there is one thing that this race should have taught us all is that, with F1, it is never over, it is never done, and the FIA can screw it up at any time. Now, McLaren will appeal and they very likely will win. But what if that doesn't happen until the end - or even AFTER the season?? Does it alter the WDC? That isn't totally unrealistic.

By and large the buzz on the Internet is that this is going to hurt F1 viewership. We watch to see the race decided on the track. Unless it is something totally blatant, the Stewards should not be deciding races. Everyone was going out of the white lines and onto the grass. It was that kind of race. Conditions at Spa always cause that kind of frantic racing. That is part of what makes it so great. Drivers have to be able to race. It is no different than the officials deciding the NBA Finals/Superbowl or the umps determining the outcome of a World Series. You want it to be decided on the field. We see no-calls in the NBA all the time (think of Jordan fouling Malone and then Bryan Russell for the "walk into the sunset" shot in game 6 of the '98 Finals). Likewise, races should be decided on the track. In the heat of the moment Lewis did EVERYTHING he could to fall within the rules. Penalize him fo the next race if you must, but don't steal the memory of that awesome finish from us. Now it means nothing - even to the tifosi.

The hardest thing to swallow is that - if you believe Ferrari - this was totally a Steward inspired inquiry. Ferrari had not, and did not plan to, lodge a complaint.

Just crazy.

Last edited by Barrister; 09-08-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:01 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Good to hear from you.

If there is one thing that this race should have taught us all is that, with F1, it is never over, it is never done, and the FIA can screw it up at any time. Now, McLaren will appeal and they very likely will win. But what if that doesn't happen until the end - or even AFTER the season?? Does it alter the WDC? That isn't totally unrealistic.
good to see more F1 threads on here

i believe if mclaren were to win any sort of appeal it would certainly happen before the season was over and a new WDC was determined. to overturn a new champion his title would be outrageous and cause severe harm to the sport IMO. a decision should (and likely will) be made in the very near future. regardless, as i stated before this will add another layer of excitement (for some, complexity for others) to the few remaining races. it will be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming weeks...

Old 09-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
good to see more F1 threads on here

i believe if mclaren were to win any sort of appeal it would certainly happen before the season was over and a new WDC was determined. to overturn a new champion his title would be outrageous and cause severe harm to the sport IMO. a decision should (and likely will) be made in the very near future. regardless, as i stated before this will add another layer of excitement (for some, complexity for others) to the few remaining races. it will be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming weeks...
Don't forget last year. There was some controversy with Raikkonen (I don't remember what) that slightly put his WDC in jeopardy for a few days. He ended up only getting fined. Nobody took it seriously, but maybe they should have. What happened yesterday warrants such concern.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
FIGJAM
Originally Posted by Barrister
Don't forget last year. There was some controversy with Raikkonen (I don't remember what) that slightly put his WDC in jeopardy for a few days. He ended up only getting fined. Nobody took it seriously, but maybe they should have. What happened yesterday warrants such concern.
i remember last year and i agree it warrants concern but i also think it will be sorted well before the end of the season.

maybe because you are such a big hamilton fan it is a bigger concern to yourself?

personally, i respect all the drivers equally so i am not as concerned as to who wins the WDC. in this case though, an injustice seems to have been done. the chief steward should be held responsible.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
maybe because you are such a big hamilton fan it is a bigger concern to yourself?
There is no doubt that because it robbed Lewis I am much more emotional about it. Don't forget . . . We're BFF.

Last edited by Barrister; 09-08-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't you post a thread not that long ago about "what's wrong with F1"? Here's your answer

Old 09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
I missed the race. Was driving to Atlanta for the Falcons opener.

But..

From what I've seen/heard, it's sounds pretty un-fair to Mclaren (Obviously). But, as IIVVX said, it will only make it more interesting!

Also, I've seen a lot of people on the boards say, "Massa should be ashamed to win like that!". At the end of the day, it's something he can't really handle. A poor move by F1 (As usual of late).

Signed,

Ferrari Fan

Also, Chris, check out Grand Am if you want 'exciting' racing. More banging/close finishes in Grand Am although ALMS has been great of late!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
Also, Chris, check out Grand Am if you want 'exciting' racing. More banging/close finishes in Grand Am although ALMS has been great of late!
Grand Am Daytona Prototypes are hideous. I like the lower classes, but the main class look like cars I might have designed when I was ten (no offense to any mini MiniDs out there).

Quick Reply: Big Belgian GP Spoiler - Don't Even Click Here If You Don't Want To Know