Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

FolioPanda - dropbox-based gallery sites for photogs!

Old 09-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
FolioPanda - dropbox-based gallery sites for photogs!

HEYYOOOO aaaaand Hollleeerrr!!!!

I haven't posted in a little bit but spent some time this summer working on a project that might be of interest to the photography-loving part of the Team Speed community.

I've been very fortunate to have an opportunity to build an application with TechCrunch Disrupt winners NimbusBase, I wanted to (selfishly) put it to good use for photog needs and we came up with FolioPanda.com

Don't you wish a folder on your laptop could just magically turn into a site without any hassle? With FolioPanda we aim to do just that. Simply name a folder in dropbox, drop in your photos, hit refresh on the web and PRESTO you have a sexy gallery ready to show the world. Here is one I created with some stock photos in all of about 15 seconds:

FolioPanda: bmw photos

Want to see a monster-sized folder? FolioPanda: this is mountain

The workflow is completely bi-directional with some new APIs from dropbox ... meaning you can create a folder in your dropbox and that will automagically make a site ... or you can login from the web panel and make a site which will put a folder in your dropbox. Works pretty well with various publishing workflows from Lightroom/etc. Cool huh?

You can even password protect your albums for peace of mind.

- There are things we know are not there:
-- the refresh button is no longer needed (updates by itself!)
-- there is only manual sorting for now
-- there is no way to extract or deal with exif

- There are things we are looking at supporting if people are interested:
-- custom URLs
-- site templates (for example to do checkbox approvals for events)
-- watermarking
-- bulk sorting/editing

I would really appreciate candid feedback about market fit from this community.

So play around. Try to break it. Let me know if you would use this! What would you like to see?