Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Ordered the Nikkor 35mm 1.8 prime lens today.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond repute
Ordered the Nikkor 35mm 1.8 prime lens today.

As the title says, I ordered a Nikkor 35mm 1.8 prime lens today. I'll post a review when I get it. Anyone else order one or have one?

-ns

Old 04-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Not yet, but I've definitely been tempted lately. This is the new 1.8 G lens, right? What's the going rate for one of these and where did you purchase it, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 04-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Not yet, but I've definitely been tempted lately. This is the new 1.8 G lens, right? What's the going rate for one of these and where did you purchase it, if you don't mind me asking?
Yes, the new 1.8G. I ordered it at Bel Air Camera in Los Angeles near UCLA. Price is $199.99.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dphouse
Yes, the new 1.8G. I ordered it at Bel Air Camera in Los Angeles near UCLA. Price is $199.99.
That's a pretty decent price. I've heard some decent reviews already but I'll be looking forward to hearing yours.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
What are you shooting with? If you are using a DX body, this is the lens for you. If you are on a full frame FX body, go with the 50mm 1.4

Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by dphouse
What are you shooting with? If you are using a DX body, this is the lens for you. If you are on a full frame FX body, go with the 50mm 1.4
I've got a D200. I've got the 50 1.4 already, in addition to an 80-200 f/2.8, 24 f/2.8 AI, Tamron 19-35, and a Sigma 10-20. I never use the Tamron so this seems like the perfect focal length for me and a good substitute for both the 24 and the 19-35.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D200 is a DX body, so the 35mm will be ideal for your camera as well. I've heard great things about it and am looking forward to some photography during my weekend trip to wine country. I'll try and post some pics next week.