Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Audi S6 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
S6 seems like a good package, I'm missing some kind of wow-effect though
One of the reasons I didnt end up ordering it vs the gts

Old 09-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Sechsgang
One of the reasons I didnt end up ordering it vs the gts
I guess one reason for that is, that we know the engine is like artificially tamed and it could deliver way more power (see bentley cgt) if it was allowed to...

Old 09-18-2012, 11:18 AM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by domesticdemon
Also I'm shocked. Not only did C&D not place the M5 1st but they placed it dead last lol. WOW!!! I can die now knowing that I've seen everything lol.
Can't compare the S6 to M5, since I haven't driven either one. However based upon A6 3.0 vs 535 or 550, the A6 wins IMO. While the F10 5 is a great looker, and the interior is nice too, it just lacks the nimbleness and precision BMW is know for. Maybe it's a sign I'm getting older and more nostalgic, or that the new generations just don't know how good the 5 series USED to be at handling, but the new cars are nowhere near as tossable as the their predecessors. While it's not a big deal on the more pedestrian regular 5 series, the M5 should command more precise feel and overall better performance than it does.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:21 AM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
I guess one reason for that is, that we know the engine is like artificially tamed and it could deliver way more power (see bentley cgt) if it was allowed to...
That's why I think S6 w/ chip and exhaust will be the way to go. I'm happy Audi is bringing back the sleeper car!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
nyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of light
first one arrived at my local dealer today. looks good and drives great. I prefer it to the new m5 for sure

Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Drove the S6, S7 and S8 at Autobahn Monday and Tuesday. Drove the M5 today. Different cars, I am hard pressed. Would choose either over a E63.

Have a black and orange M5 in stock if anyone is interested... Orange is awesome!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
I LOVE the S6. It's a little underpowered stock compared to the m5 but nothing a tune can't fix. I'm seriously considering this as my next DD if finances allow it!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:51 AM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony
I LOVE the S6. It's a little underpowered stock compared to the m5 but nothing a tune can't fix. I'm seriously considering this as my next DD if finances allow it!
Underpowered? Maybe. Faster? Yep. If it beats the E63 and M5 stock being at a HP disadvantage, I can't even imagine what it will be like after a tune!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
ya, thats true. definitely makes a difference. Probably why I think the hp in the Panamera GTS/Cayenne GTS is fine at 430/420 hp because thats not far from what the motor has to put out. Just with a tune the new s6 could have 520!

Old 10-10-2012, 02:54 PM
mka
Teamspeed Junior Member
mka has a reputation beyond reputemka has a reputation beyond reputemka has a reputation beyond reputemka has a reputation beyond reputemka has a reputation beyond reputemka has a reputation beyond reputemka has a reputation beyond reputemka has a reputation beyond reputemka has a reputation beyond reputemka has a reputation beyond reputemka has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up New S6

Today I picked up my new daily driver: Audi S6.
The first impression is very good,surprising in a positive way.
More comments in a few days.

Quick Reply: 2013 Audi S6 anyone?