Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 RS5 ordered...anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
2013 RS5 ordered...anyone else?

Injuries sustained as a result of my motorcycle vs deer encounter have led me to look for slightly less thrilling activities. Hence my replacing my GT3 and a couple of my motorcycles with less butt breaking vehicles. Its been a bit of a slog to recover 85% of my left arm and shoulder movement and therefore a car like the RS5 meets most of my needs. I did consider a 991S but I'd like to wait for the 4S next year. Until then the RS5 may just float my boat. Its been ordered and should be here in a couple of months.

The spec is: 2013 RS5 - Daytona Grey - Titanium Package with 20" RS wheels - MMI Nav + with B&O - Sport Exhaust

Has anyone else on the forum either got or ordered one? Your views appreciated.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Ah man, sorry about your recovery. You will love the refreshed RS5. Congrats!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Teamspeed

Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I thought RS models weren't allowed in the States?

Congrats on the order.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I thought RS models weren't allowed in the States?

Congrats on the order.
Thanks h. Yup they were restricted but Audi announced last year that the RS5 would be introduced in the US. Its taken them a while but they finally did and the official release date for first deliveries is the 6th of August. I understand that they will bring in around 700 cars for the first year but who knows. Mine will take at least a couple of months to turn up.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Haku
Thanks h. Yup they were restricted but Audi announced last year that the RS5 would be introduced in the US. Its taken them a while but they finally did and the official release date for first deliveries is the 6th of August. I understand that they will bring in around 700 cars for the first year but who knows. Mine will take at least a couple of months to turn up.

I want an RS6 avant.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by h20skier

I want an RS6 avant.
Ah, if only that we're an option! That is one stonking car.

Btw, I want your VW camper! I love it!

Growing up in East Africa we had one and that thing would go anywhere...including the Serengeti!

Old 06-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by Haku
Ah, if only that we're an option! That is one stonking car.

Btw, I want your VW camper! I love it!

Growing up in East Africa we had one and that thing would go anywhere...including the Serengeti!
My VW won't see the Serengeti I am sure

Old 06-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Here is a teaser RS5 YouTube vid:

Last edited by Haku; 06-11-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
tan03 can only hope to improve
RS6 and RS7 should also be on the way to compete with the M5 and M6 Grand Coupe and of course the AMGs.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
theres a grey one one thats been driving around my neighborhood, it looks good

i want an rs4 avant

Quick Reply: 2013 RS5 ordered...anyone else?