Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 RS5 ordered...anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 02:46 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't realize you liked dull nose heavy cars.

Enjoy!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I think you'll really like it. The one I drove was the pre-facelifted one and it was fun. Hopefully Audi worked a little of the B7 RS4 magic into the facelifted one (i.e. the one we'll get in the US).

Glad to hear you're recovering - sounds like a nasty accident.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Didn't realize you liked dull nose heavy cars.

Enjoy!
Dull nosed and heavy... I guess it is but I do like its design and love the sound. For my current needs it fits the bill.

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I think you'll really like it. The one I drove was the pre-facelifted one and it was fun. Hopefully Audi worked a little of the B7 RS4 magic into the facelifted one (i.e. the one we'll get in the US).

Glad to hear you're recovering - sounds like a nasty accident.
Thanks Chris. Yes I too hope Audi have refined the 2013 models a bit more.

The crash last year was pretty bad with broken scapula, collarbone, 5 ribs, and a posterior shoulder dislocation. It could have turned out much worse of course. Thankfully I was wearing all my safety gear. I had a great doctor and physio but it's been a tough recovery. The experience has been a huge lesson and made me more aware of the wonder of life. It really can be snuffed out in an instant.

Be well.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
I do love the RS5 and all of the RS models for that fact. It is a fantastic car and I do love the modern audi's. Unforunately he is right in that the are heavy, but the refinement inside and fit and finish make up for it. Congrats and we look forward to seeing it on here.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Did they wind up going with a N/A V8 in the RS5, similar to the 2007 RS4 engine?

What power does the RS5 make?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bradb1us
Did they wind up going with a N/A V8 in the RS5, similar to the 2007 RS4 engine?

It is NA an I believe power is 480 hp. The new R8 motor from what I heard.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Haku
Dull nosed and heavy... I guess it is but I do like its design and love the sound. For my current needs it fits the bill.

Thanks Chris. Yes I too hope Audi have refined the 2013 models a bit more.

The crash last year was pretty bad with broken scapula, collarbone, 5 ribs, and a posterior shoulder dislocation. It could have turned out much worse of course. Thankfully I was wearing all my safety gear. I had a great doctor and physio but it's been a tough recovery. The experience has been a huge lesson and made me more aware of the wonder of life. It really can be snuffed out in an instant.

Be well.
Wow, that's a really, really nasty accident. I'm glad you're recovering and -- on the bright side -- you are still alive to talk about it!

I think you're going to love the RS5. I know some motojournalists have given it a bit of harsh criticism, but from people I've talked to that had real world experience driving the car so it's nothing short of phenomenal. For those that gave it harsh criticism, I can't imagine what it is that they had hoped the car would be. It's a GT car. An incredibly fast & composed GT car, but still a GT car nonetheless (i.e. it wasn't designed to beat an R8 or a 911 around the race track, as some people seem to be expecting).

IMO, the Audi RS line just keeps improving with each model. It'll be great to hear your thoughts once you get it.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
not to thread hijack Haku; but didn't you get hit by a deer a while ago? How are you doing now?? on the mend?

damn it. note to self- read the posts. lol

Old 06-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by h20skier

I want an RS6 avant.
Yeah so does everyone else here in the US. Get in line pal.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bradb1us

Its the NA-FSI 4.2 V8 / 450HP / 317lb-ft engine. It has the 8speed S tronic box.

Originally Posted by krenshaw
Wow, that's a really, really nasty accident. I'm glad you're recovering and -- on the bright side -- you are still alive to talk about it!

I think you're going to love the RS5. I know some motojournalists have given it a bit of harsh criticism, but from people I've talked to that had real world experience driving the car so it's nothing short of phenomenal. For those that gave it harsh criticism, I can't imagine what it is that they had hoped the car would be. It's a GT car. An incredibly fast & composed GT car, but still a GT car nonetheless (i.e. it wasn't designed to beat an R8 or a 911 around the race track, as some people seem to be expecting).

IMO, the Audi RS line just keeps improving with each model. It'll be great to hear your thoughts once you get it.
Thanks for your comments k. The accident was not a pleasant one but was a huge wake-up call. Just savoring life a bit more now.

I agree with you, some motojournos weren't too keen on the weight and steering issues but as you mention what are they comparing it to? It is no 991 and is a GT car. I hope to enjoy it and tour some more of this wondrous country in it.

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
not to thread hijack Haku; but didn't you get hit by a deer a while ago? How are you doing now?? on the mend?

damn it. note to self- read the posts. lol
Hehe Stoppie! Yup final tally...
- Triumph bent and dead
- Multiple injuries to self
- Ducati Diavel and 997 GT3 sold due to them being too painful to look at and not use them! I only have the F800GS and my Royal Enfield bikes left. I ride them occasionally.

...but.... that deer is no more! .... it has however been replaced by frigging hundreds more! We have 125 per sq mile!

I think the deer won!

Are you riding a lot Stoppie?

Quick Reply: 2013 RS5 ordered...anyone else?