Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Officially Announces RS5 in the US

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 06:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I hope more RS products will follow.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
cotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Carrera
I hope more RS products will follow.
+1

Competition helps for sure.

I hear what youre saying Chris. That's why I would reserve judgement until actually driving one.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
wow,...

why on earth did they introduce it to the US market so late??
I mean,it can`t be the crash testing stuff etc...that does not take too long

Old 04-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
First off, I was more trying to **** with Chris before based on his earlier review of the RS5. Though I have heard nothing good from EVO and that is a pretty solid source IMO. If you were to have an RS5 as a second car with a GT3, wouldn't you want something with four doors? To each their own I guess. In my perfect world it would probably be a GT3 RS along with a black (very understated) S4 for daily use.

Kind of off topic, but when crash testing a new model for the US market, do companies have to crash test every variant of a model line(ie, Audi already crash tested the A5/S5)? I mean, are there really enough structural differences between the S5 and RS5 to justify such testing?

I was thinking about how Porsche produces so many different varients of the 911. Surely they don't have to crash test eleven 911 GT3 RS 4.0s when they've already done so with the base 911, or even the base GT3.

Which, brings me to the issue of the RS6. Was its not being available in the US strictly due to emissions reasons?

EDIT: The JC apologizes for asking a serious question.

Last edited by "The JC"; 04-25-2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: ninjas
Old 04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, every model requires separate FMVSS cert. NHTSA sucks.

Porsche did not allow sunroof delete on 997.1 GT3's because they did not want to spend the money to cert a sunroof less GT3 thinking the demographic wouldn't care.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
So what about the rs6? Is it impossible to federalize here?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond repute
I would rather have a base 911 with a few options for 90k. Audi can keep it IMO.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
wow,...

why on earth did they introduce it to the US market so late??
I mean,it can`t be the crash testing stuff etc...that does not take too long
It wasn't crash-testing. They were waiting for the facelift before bringing it here. That's the only reason.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
It wasn't crash-testing. They were waiting for the facelift before bringing it here. That's the only reason.
Probably only way they could compete with the coming F30 M3 without redesigning an entirely new car.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
The front cermaic brakes are avialable for ordering in the
US

Quick Reply: Audi Officially Announces RS5 in the US