Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new TT-RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Great success sir!!! enjoy it!

Old 12-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Nice write up and nice ride, enjoy it!!

What's the HP and 0-60?

You need to black out the rims and badges - it will give it far more presence IMO! Post up a sound clip. I see quite a few of these on the road and haven't heard the exhaust yet.

Color is fab - I took a look at a R8 V10 in Suzuka, in person it really is lovely.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Nice write up and nice ride, enjoy it!!

What's the HP and 0-60?

You need to black out the rims and badges - it will give it far more presence IMO! Post up a sound clip. I see quite a few of these on the road and haven't heard the exhaust yet.

Color is fab - I took a look at a R8 V10 in Suzuka, in person it really is lovely.
Thanks very much! We're actually lucky here with the models they brought to the U.S. (for once!). The U.S. models have 360hp where the European models have 340hp.

I've seen 0-60 times anywhere from 4.0 seconds down to 3.6 (Car & Driver claims). There's a guy on YouTube that did a 3.9 recorded with a vbox.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTeRrnZlOc4

The beginning actually gives you a pretty good idea of what it sounds like with the Sport Exhaust.

I am thinking about going with black wheels in the future, but I'm going to enjoy the stockers for a bit

Old 12-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony
Any plan to tune it?
You know it! I'm going to enjoy it stock for a little while, to appreciate what I've got first and wait for the tuners to shake things out. While there's plenty out there for the euro versions, things are still in development for the U.S. versions (from what I've read). I have a feeling I won't be able to hold off for long though. From what I've read, it's not too hard to hit 400hp with just an ECU tune

At some point, I know I'd like to go with black wheels as well... so, I may be talking to you in the future

Originally Posted by Alzilla
Congrats man! Looks great in Suzuka Grey! I hope you continue to enjoy it!
Thanks man! I really love how this color shifts in certain lights and angles.

Originally Posted by GrayTT
CongratZ!!!
Thankz!

Old 12-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by krenshaw
You know it! I'm going to enjoy it stock for a little while, to appreciate what I've got first and wait for the tuners to shake things out. While there's plenty out there for the euro versions, things are still in development for the U.S. versions (from what I've read). I have a feeling I won't be able to hold off for long though. From what I've read, it's not too hard to hit 400hp with just an ECU tune

At some point, I know I'd like to go with black wheels as well... so, I may be talking to you in the future

Thanks man! I really love how this color shifts in certain lights and angles.

Thankz!
Cool! Yeah that 5 cyl turbo is VERY tunable. You'll be able to kill a lot of high powered cars with a tune! Can't wait to see some dyno numbers.

And if you want wheels, you know where to reach me! Hope to hear from you soon. I'd love to get some ADV.1's on a TT-RS. That would be badass!

Old 12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats; didn't know those were out here in the states yet. LOVE the wheels!

Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough
Love these, saw a great gunmetal grey tts the other day. Enjoy it!

Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Congrats!

Theres a Suzuka Grey TT-RS at my dealership, its such a special colour, one of the most stunning and versatile i have ever seen in person.

BTW, The navigation on 2010.5+ TT and A3 have been upgraded to a faster processor, HD screen, AMI compatiblity, SDHC, and integrated TMC traffic. I have upgraded mine to this unit as well as user Atomic80 (you can search for his reveiew) and its leaps ahead of the older version. You can notice the new ones by the piano black contour around the screen.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:22 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
You know how I know you're gay?

Old 12-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that sounds great for a turbo! Far better than 997tts!

Whats the $ price on theses things? Not knocking it but am curious how much a new one is compared to a used V8 R8?