Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Prius! SUCK IT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Google it,
I know the specs, I am more wondering how they are different from you peeps that have them. As in, why you got the A3 and vice versa.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Teamspeed

Old 11-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
So what's the difference between a 2.0T AWD and a GolfR?
Stock A3 210hp plus chip gets you to about 250-260hp which is what the Golf R is stock. Plus you can get the Golf R in manual and it's 4Motion

Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
So as Raul mentioned, about 50 hp and more torque (like 70 lb-ft) is there for the taking on any 2.0T (A3/GTI/Jetta/etc.). With an intake/exhaust, add another 30/30.

With the Golf R, just a reflash breaks 300hp. With the other mods, it's close to 330/330 hp/tq. It's going to be a little beast. I ordered mine with no nav or sunroof, but kept the A/S tires since I'll use the stockers for winter and get some BBS for summer.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
So as Raul mentioned, about 50 hp and more torque (like 70 lb-ft) is there for the taking on any 2.0T (A3/GTI/Jetta/etc.). With an intake/exhaust, add another 30/30.

With the Golf R, just a reflash breaks 300hp. With the other mods, it's close to 330/330 hp/tq. It's going to be a little beast. I ordered mine with no nav or sunroof, but kept the A/S tires since I'll use the stockers for winter and get some BBS for summer.
you ordered a Golf R? that's awesome!

Old 11-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Golfs/A3s are really a great platform for just about everything you'd want to do with a car daily. Fast or economical with a hatchback design. Perfect.

Also, congrats on the Golf R, Chris!