Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: 2012 Audi S8, S7, & S6 Revealed ahead of IAA

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Blue4reF1
Two totally different cars for two different purposes...
Fair enough.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
NAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by astonmartinone77
Lol not rly, with launch control on the AMG performance package, you can go 0-60 in under 4 seconds, and well it's not quite half the price, but it's close enough.

Why does everyone keep questioning my intelligence? It seems I know more than you if you don't know these things also. Unless you are just giving me crap for not liking the S8, which is understandable.
I wasn't asking if you were joking about the C63 being faster because that doesn't matter. I was asking if you were joking because it would be pointless to ever bring up the C63 while discussing an S8. Someone that is interested in buying an S8 isn't trying to buy a supercar, and so they don't need it to get to 60mph in less than 4 seconds, although that would be nice. And as Blue4reF1 has already stated, these cars are in completely different classes and are targeted to completely different people; there is no reason to compare them.

Have you ever driven, or even sat in both of these cars? Clearly you haven't.

Sidenote: I wouldn't give you crap about not liking the S8 or any other car, as most guys on here wouldn't, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just think a little before you make ignorant comments.

Last edited by NAPO; 08-31-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
The V10 of the old S8 was the better engine? hell no!
I've never driven a more lazy ass engine! Such a bullshit engine, everytime you wanted to go fast you'd have to rev this lazy engine up. A V8 Turbo is the best engine you can imagine for a luxury limousine like an S8. And I also think you can bring this engine up to 600 hp for just a few thousands.
GOOD JOB AUDI.

cylinder on demand” technology is a interesting new thing, I always questioned myself a few years ago, what the problem was, that no cars used this technology.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
Slightly underwhelming in the pictures, but I suspect it'll work a lot better in the metal, where you don't get that 'A4 L' vibe. I could still do with a bit more aggression in the design, though.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'm loving that S7 photo... The RS7 better be stellar.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
me wants a RS6 Avant for Christmas.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I am not hating as I actually find them seriously good looking, but shesh they look alike in pictures. I can't believe I actually had to go back and forth between the S7 and the S6 pic for a minute to determine what was what. And I say this as a person with Audi knowledge down to knowing things like exactly what month of what year in the late 80s the Audi 100 got updated door handles, or what option code the sports seats had for the C4 cars, or exactly what sort of engine you needed in your Audi 80 from 1992-onwards in order to get the optional fog lights.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Jox - I guarantee you'll spot the difference between the S7 and S6 in person in an instant. Even the A7 and A6 look very different in person. The A7 is much more attractive IMO.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
What about the S4? It's due for a mid-cycle refresh, so was expecting to see the new version at IAA. Hmmm.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:57 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Previous Generation Facelifted S8 with Audi Exclusive options > this.

Quick Reply: Official: 2012 Audi S8, S7, & S6 Revealed ahead of IAA