Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My impressions after 1 week R8V10

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Nice car and awesome plate!
I liked the wheels that where already on the car more than the other ones.
But it's your car, so your choice
Congrats!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
congrats, nice combo you've got...glad you like the V10, I've got the V8 version except is with the crappy R-Tronic tranny...

Old 09-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Teamspeed Member
GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by 670-SV
congrats, nice combo you've got...glad you like the V10, I've got the V8 version except is with the crappy R-Tronic tranny...
I've never tried it, but from what I've read it's really not all that bad for fast driving -- just a bit jerky in stop and go traffic but I think I've read that manual mode isn't as bad. It will definitely up and down shift faster than a manual when you're at the track!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to the R8, looks like you are having real fun with it and enjoy it.

Great review, and a beautiful car!!

Old 09-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Congrats on the car!! Looks great

Old 09-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the car man.

But compare to a Cayman? Really? uhm, er...no. 2 completely different league of cars. But glad you like the Audi.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
congrats !

Old 09-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
congrats!!
wow man you really gave some fresh perspective!
a couple of friends have V8 R8s, and i was never impressed to be honest and never bothered to take on any of their offerings for a test drive.
however based on what i have been reading about the V10s, i cannot wait to try one out

Old 09-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GuOD
I've never tried it, but from what I've read it's really not all that bad for fast driving -- just a bit jerky in stop and go traffic but I think I've read that manual mode isn't as bad. It will definitely up and down shift faster than a manual when you're at the track!

I don't think is even worth to try it, it's really jerky even though my car was built around July '08. I always wanted to try out a 6-spd manual r8 like your's but sadly the dealer told me that they don't bring in the manual's anymore & they will be bringing only the R-Tronic, all though the first batch of R8's were manual & they are only 4 of them in Singapore.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by XTO
Congratulations on the car!

I n early went for the coupe, when my local dealer had a great combo one.

Whats that rectangle box, i take it some audi hard drive? how does it connect to the system?
The box in the front trunk is an aftermarket Audison amplifier.

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Congrats on the car man.

But compare to a Cayman? Really? uhm, er...no. 2 completely different league of cars. But glad you like the Audi.
Agreed completely - especially the V10 - but it's the only other sports car I've driven so figured it's better than nothing. At least they have the engine in the same place

Originally Posted by 670-SV
I don't think is even worth to try it, it's really jerky even though my car was built around July '08. I always wanted to try out a 6-spd manual r8 like your's but sadly the dealer told me that they don't bring in the manual's anymore & they will be bringing only the R-Tronic, all though the first batch of R8's were manual & they are only 4 of them in Singapore.

Do you ever post on R8 talk? I've seen threads where people say after about a month of driving they've got it working smoothly. You will always feel the jolt when shifting unlike the double clutch gearboxes but some people really like their R-tronics!

Last edited by GuOD; 09-17-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: My impressions after 1 week R8V10