Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why an S4 over and A4 or A6/S6

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Why an S4 over and A4 or A6/S6

Audi folks please tell me the reasoning behind the 10-15k difference in pricing.

Better suspension, bigger engine, typically better wheels.

Is it worth the difference?

Thoughts of any kind are cool.

Also why would someone buy an A6/s6 vs a A4/S4? The car size difference is so minimal I don't even understand. Wheel base is within 2". Overall car length is 9" difference but it has to be half hood and half trunk. The car is only 2" wider (actually less)

Why does Audi even make both cars they just seem so similar all the way around.

Owners of both I'd love to hear from you.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:26 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
The A6 is hideous ( unless it's the RS ).

I'd just get the TDi wagon with the S-line treatment. Those wagons look tits.

And there is a new A6 coming.

Last edited by vtgts300kw; 02-24-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
i agree with your head scratching.

personally, all 4 of the models you mentioned do nothing for me. only recent audis ive liked are the B5 and B7 RS4, C5 RS6 & R8.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:33 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Nearly on point...

B6 > B7 > B5 > B8 if you ask me.

B6 body styles IMO were the best body styles ever for their cars.

Interior on the b8's are very nice though.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GLN
Nearly on point...

B6 > B7 > B5 > B8 if you ask me.

B6 body styles IMO were the best body styles ever for their cars.

Interior on the b8's are very nice though.
Yon please explain to a guy that likes the new Audi's but isn't smart enough to understand the B6,B7 etc reference.

I assume those are the body styles?

I think I like the looks of the S4 the most. I need to get something and replace the Mini Cooper. It's just too small for my kids now but I still want something that gets decent gas mileage. 35mpg plus is nice for city driving in the cooper

The TDI isn't available in any of the models with a 6 speed is what I was told today at my closest Audi dealer.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
IMO the S4 is not worth the extra money especially for something to replace the mini. I'd stick to the A4 and save the extra coin.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
IMO the S4 is not worth the extra money especially for something to replace the mini. I'd stick to the A4 and save the extra coin.
I actually don't even mind the Wagon. Wagon's don't come in stick shifts either. The A3 is the only one that comes in the stick.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
its a gay world we live in

Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
crazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond repute
If you are looking for a car that gets good MPG look else where. I honestly get single digit MPG's in the city and about 17 on the highway.

However, the sound is intoxicating.

Also, the backseat is basically torture for anyone over 5'8".

Overall, I love my S4 and I consider it a great car. When snow comes, the car really shines. We had 8" of snow in Oxford and even on summer tires and 19's it handled it great.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
crazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I actually don't even mind the Wagon. Wagon's don't come in stick shifts either. The A3 is the only one that comes in the stick.
The B7 S4's (The 2005.5-2008 models) came with a 6MT, 4.2 V8, AWD and an wagon. Is there anything else needed in a car? I would go with a 2007 or later since they have the more rear biased AWD.