Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO: RS5 -- "Disappointing"

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'd still buy a used RS4 over the RS5. It'd be half the price and all the performance. Speaking of which, for RS5 money, I'd get a GT-R with all the price and twice the performance.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I'd still buy a used RS4 over the RS5. It'd be half the price and all the performance. Speaking of which, for RS5 money, I'd get a GT-R with all the price and twice the performance.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Totally agree re: value of the RS4.

The only downside of the B7 platform is the slightly cramped interior (for my tastes).

Old 04-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Totally agree re: value of the RS4.

The only downside of the B7 platform is the slightly cramped interior (for my tastes).
Maybe in the back seat, but the trunk is huge and it was incredibly comfortable to drive... I really should've kept it.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
^ Yep, I meant the backseat primarily, but the width with a passenger as well. Overall, a very good design and body. But, it's a compact sedan, no getting around it.

But I do love the approach to the car. Totally accessible performance, not overly complicated (i.e. adaptive or dynamic settings for EVERYTHING), but all the amenities and technology you want. And, wrapped in a killer looking setup.

For me, it's only of those cars that's on the top of the list.

Last edited by M5Kid; 04-27-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Watch this space.
Yep - the B7 RS4 will go down as a classic. After I get my wife her TT-S ( ), I am going to start the hunt for another RS4. Either Misano Red or Daytona Gray w/titanium package...

Old 04-27-2010, 04:25 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Just make sure you get the euro seats this time chris.

Those things make the car. They make the back seats pretty crap though, had them in a RS4 wagon, and the rear leg room was horrendous.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Watch this space.
I'd have to order them since we couldn't get them. I hate the Euro wheel - if it had real aluminum instead of painted plastic, it'd be good.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:23 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
yeah thats what i mean. I loved the euro wheel, but yeah, replace the plastic with carbon, someone must make the trim.