Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revealed: Audi's 450 HP RS5 Steps Out Of The Shadow With A Twin Turbo V8

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know - I'm disappointed. It looks VERY tame, esp. compared to the B7 RS4 and the latest RS6. The new TT-RS is also very tame.

I don't need a bright orange LP-640, but if I have a monster, esp. in a coupe, I want it to look more aggressive than the vanilla S5. My next car is going to be a jaw-dropper, I can promise you that.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
if they make a v8 tt audi in a 2 door, i would be very interested

Old 10-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
if they make a v8 tt audi in a 2 door, i would be very interested
Uh, did you see the thread you're posting in?

It's a.... wait for it...

V8

TT

Audi

with.... hold on...

2 DOORS!

Reading comprehension FTL.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
With all the success Audi has been enjoying lately I think it's about time they stop shafting the U.S.
Seriously!!!! It's pretty annoying when these Euro Manufactures come out with these special editions, etc. and we can only drool at them from afar!!

The V12 Vantage is the one of the cars I pray they would bring to the states, stupid EPA/Crash Safety!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Watch this space.
I had been praying the RS6 would come here. I would have bought one.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
While the front grill and bumper looks like an RS5 I don't think the rest of the car is the finished product.

I thought Audi confirmed power was coming from a NA V8? Where did the TT V8 rumour come from?

Old 10-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't know that so few RS Audis made it across the ocean? The RS6 is such a sweet car. There's a Suzuka Grey one living right in the middle of my city and I see every other week rumbling around

edit: quattro joe. I remember reading that confirmation as well, so this was a bit unexpected. Both BMW and Audi are from now on dropping those high revving beauties due to emission and consumption legislation I guess.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
V8 twin turbo is very good for mods. Great car. Can be my next purchase.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
love it, must sound sweet and fuul throttle ...

Old 10-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Guaranteed to be a hit. I'm disappointed with how tame it is though, no flared fenders or R8 style integrated exhaust into the bumper.

I like the wheels, but they better be 20", with impressive brakes behind them.

Quick Reply: Revealed: Audi's 450 HP RS5 Steps Out Of The Shadow With A Twin Turbo V8