Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R8 V10- Take it or pass

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Rahul, I can understand your indecision on this one....the thought of a well bought V8 R8 and driving the wheels off it as a DD is really appealing.

There is a lot of exotica you can buy in these times for 160k large....

I'm thinking of a standard R8 to split the time with my A8L as a DD...for those days when something a little more fun is in order

Old 06-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
For $160K you can get a nice 2006 F430 with low, low miles and tons of options.

Just sayin'!

Old 08-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
It's here. 170. No mark up. I am thinking I'll be kicking myself in the ass 6 months from now for pissin away 40-50k. Thoughts? Thanks

Old 08-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by RufMD
Rahul, I can understand your indecision on this one....the thought of a well bought V8 R8 and driving the wheels off it as a DD is really appealing.

There is a lot of exotica you can buy in these times for 160k large....

I'm thinking of a standard R8 to split the time with my A8L as a DD...for those days when something a little more fun is in order
Thanks Jas and by the way, would have to get rid of this:

Pretty big fun quotient right there!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, i'd rather keep the GT3 RS.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
R8 V10 in addition to my favorite car in existence. Just your considering means that I must applaud you!!

If you have the means I say go for it, you could definitely flip it with in the next year for a good amount. If not, I say pass the deal along to UBC and see if he would put up with a hard top.

EDIT: No way in hell, don't get rid of the RS for this piece of ****!! Sorry, I have a little bit of a bias.

Last edited by "The JC"; 08-17-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:39 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Keep the RS or send it up north and I'll watch it for you ( on the track )

Old 08-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
mono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Barrister
For $160K you can get a nice 2006 F430 with low, low miles and tons of options.

Just sayin'!
my exact thoughts, or just stick with the standard V8

Old 08-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Look at it this way: it's a better investment than hookers and blow.
false.