Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

****straight Up Pimpin'****

Old 08-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
Funny intro, but believe me when I tell you, Robert saved you.

I do like the transformation; great work!
LOL I was going to say the same thing.

Welcome to Teamspeed!!

Originally Posted by Alex
I believe it is. Too bad, the MiniHawk style thrashing would have been great!
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Before reading RR post I thought this was a new CigCrazy.

Welcome
Hahaha

Old 08-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by LBH
So I was in the market for another boat.

I was looking for something with comfort, performance and efficiency all in one. It's gotta be able to get from point A to point B quicker than anyone else out there with me but must retain it's extreme fishability.

NOW, I know if you want something done right, you need to do it yourself and I became a firm believer when I began to shop around at the few boats that meet all my requirements. Shoddy construction, non efficient floor plans, etc, so I decided to bite the bullet,...buy a raw hull, gut it and built my own custom super stealth, untouchable fishing machine.

SO I searched and searched and finally found the hull of my dreams. A 1964 TANK. A little wider, deeper and thicker than most in it's class today.

Meet my dream boat

SO I paid the asking price and dragged her home to begin gutting her.

Unfortunately, when I got her home, I pulled up the cheesy carpeting and found it had been troweled on and had left about a 1/4 layer of rock hard glue. I had to get all this off with the orbital sander,.....damn!

Long story short,.....here she is,.....Big Red.

We actually run twin 55 lb thrust motors on the back and like promised, noone on the electric oly, private lake,...can catch us,lol

Boat was also used in a WFN (Dish NETWORK) episode of "Lunkerville" Click HERE to view the episode

Thanks for viewing everyone and don't let the jealousy get ya,....some day you can have yours too!!!!
Nice lil boat you got there!!!
Welcome to the forums and this is my boat:

Name:  Picture2.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  246.0 KB

Old 08-12-2010, 07:18 AM
LBH
Teamspeed Member
LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I''m thinking that's your "other" boat mini,lol

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Not sure if I'll fit in by the looks of the pricetags on our toys,.....mine are a little cheaper than most here,lol....but if this forum is about enjoying your toys,......y'all are gonna have a tough time keeping up,lol. I'm low budget but high energy. If I'm not in the gardens, I'm on the water. Can't tell you how many time we pass the cigarette boats and the fountains, etc on our way to go battle the stripers. They just sit there at the docks,....maybe going out once a week,...month......Then there are the big boys, the 60's,70's and 80 footers that go out even less. I swear, some guys just buy those things to use as an alternate hotel room to drag the secretary to,lol.

Not us,...if the chick can't drive the boat or set the hook, she stays home......haven't dated too many that stay home though,lmao.

Anyway, I have some other toys too, I'll get some pics up when I get out of work later.

Tight lines and red lines to all

Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by LBH
I''m thinking that's your "other" boat mini,lol

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Not sure if I'll fit in by the looks of the pricetags on our toys,.....mine are a little cheaper than most here,lol....but if this forum is about enjoying your toys,......y'all are gonna have a tough time keeping up,lol. I'm low budget but high energy. If I'm not in the gardens, I'm on the water. Can't tell you how many time we pass the cigarette boats and the fountains, etc on our way to go battle the stripers. They just sit there at the docks,....maybe going out once a week,...month......Then there are the big boys, the 60's,70's and 80 footers that go out even less. I swear, some guys just buy those things to use as an alternate hotel room to drag the secretary to,lol.

Not us,...if the chick can't drive the boat or set the hook, she stays home......haven't dated too many that stay home though,lmao.

Anyway, I have some other toys too, I'll get some pics up when I get out of work later.

Tight lines and red lines to all

Don't worry LBH, not all the boats mentioned on this forum are worth alot of money, my Cigarette was 1300$ and my Whaler was 500$. I fit right around in your boat catagory.

You'd be suprised if you came to my bay in long island. If you think people never run their boats= We have a member at my yacht club who runs his 35' Forumula FasTech all the time on Saturdays and Sundays...

I, too started out with a boat like yours, it was a fiberglass 7ft Dingy, which I still have in the driveway.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:28 PM
LBH
Teamspeed Member
LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!LBH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MiniHawk
my Cigarette was 1300$
Shoot,...I don't know what you're smoking but if you have a medical card, we can do beter than THAT!! lmao

Seriously though,....the steering cable on a cigarette costs more than that,lol. Old totalled hull you restored or something or was it a deal like my brother just got....he went to look at a trailer for $1k. Had a 22 Donzi sitting on it (his fav boat, he had the yellow one before, this was the other color the 22 came in, red) He looked over the trailer and decided he wanted it. He asked the guy what he was going to do with the boat (no engine/outdrives) and he replied,...I hve no idea,...I can't GIVE it away,...I'll probably spend this grand getting it taken away.

SCORE!!!

Guess what we're doing this winter,lol

Old 08-12-2010, 12:57 PM
LBH
Teamspeed Member
ok, this is my Whaler that I bought totalled. It was the very first model boat that used a jet engine (other than military) and was the first attempt by Whaler or any other company, to power a boat, designed for public use,......with a jet. Models in years to come, improved quite a bit but having one of the originals was pretty cool.

It was totaled because it was used as a tender by someone with more money than brains. They figured that because they were told they could run it in as little as 6" of water,....they should,lol...and beached it regularly. "V" in the hull was paper thin. It also had made impact with something previously as there was a 1'x1' hole in the side. Foam was dry,never breached the fnal insde layer of glass,.... thank God.

The boat was powered with a Yamaha 650cc power plant. I quickly burnt the skirts off the pistons on a test run when we sucked up a Sunbeam bag......note to self,....check manual,...see if there is supposed to be an intake grid,....yup,...sure is,lol. Another note to self,....TEMP GAUGE!!

I repowered it with a new 901 motor with full electronics ($1100, SCORE!) including an automatic halon system under the console (engine compartment)

The boat also came with HANDLEBARS instead of a wheel as the motor and jet drive were taken directly from the waverunner III !! How gay.

To top it off, there was a huge BANG type decal that stretched the entire side and went from maroon to pink, to gold. Gay-er. I bought the boat in Maine and figured I'd hit the first rest area and peel that bad boy right the **** off. Um,....it's factory and under about 10 layers of clear coat.......add 2 weeks of sanding to the project date,lol.

So this is what she looked like,...tough pics, sorry.

Dash, ugly, gay,...plain.

Here, you can see the decal on the side (that's my brother (left) and the custom Harley Davidson Buell he built, sick bike. Had the HD Buell 101 motor, HD buell inverted forks and HD buell gauges. All pillaged from a totaled bike he was given.)

And this is what she looks like now after redoing the entire hull, replacing rub rail and replacing all the mahogany in the gunnel so we could re-secure the stainless railing. Added gauges, teak dash, a 5 spoke wheel with trigger throttle (so you can keep both hands on the wheel, very necessary with this thing) temp, oil and batt gauges by Faria and a cooler/seat for in front of the console (below, and yes, we let dad drive it too,lol) I also added large stainless clamshell vents on the sides to increase air flow in the fuel compartment. Also redid the upholstery, new foam too.

Last edited by LBH; 08-12-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by LBH
Shoot,...I don't know what you're smoking but if you have a medical card, we can do beter than THAT!! lmao

Seriously though,....the steering cable on a cigarette costs more than that,lol. Old totalled hull you restored or something or was it a deal like my brother just got....he went to look at a trailer for $1k. Had a 22 Donzi sitting on it (his fav boat, he had the yellow one before, this was the other color the 22 came in, red) He looked over the trailer and decided he wanted it. He asked the guy what he was going to do with the boat (no engine/outdrives) and he replied,...I hve no idea,...I can't GIVE it away,...I'll probably spend this grand getting it taken away.

SCORE!!!

Guess what we're doing this winter,lol

the boat came with no engine, interior etc so thats why it was at the price it's at. Just literally came back from Glen Cove dropped it off at the shop.

Sam

Old 08-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome and you did a great job on that boat!

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Before reading RR post I thought this was a new CigCrazy.
he was a character

Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Overtaker

he was a character
He was? He is- I am here...

Old 08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Overtaker

he was a character
Originally Posted by MiniHawk
He was? He is- I am here...
Shit!