Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

Cicago regoin: Second Annual Michigan City Powerboat race is this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Chicago regoin: Second Annual Michigan City Powerboat race is this weekend!

Info Here!

Offshore Super Boat Teams Look Forward to Seeing Wave Of Fans
Key West, FL (July, 27 2010) – The excitement is building at the southernmost point of Lake Michigan as Super Boat International prepares for the 2nd Annual Great Lakes Grand Prix. Large, powerful and fast catamaran and vee bottom style boats will converge on Laporte County this August 6th – 8th for another exciting weekend of superboat racing.
Last year’s event exceeded all expectations for a first year event. Record crowds were on the beach and a record number of spectator boats lining the racecourse. “Last year, we had the largest spectator fleet I have ever seen for a first time race. The course was lined with big and small boats way beyond the start of the course and down past the lighthouse. I think this year there is a chance there will be more boats watching the race and even more people on the beach,” comments John Carbonell, President of Super Boat International.
Laporte County CVB has added additional activities for this year and has broadened the event schedule to include a golf outing, Taste of Michigan City, and more, starting August 3rd – the 8th. The week’s activities is a kickoff party at the Washington Park Zoo, August 3rd with no admission fee.
Many teams commented on last year’s crowd and could not believe it was a first time event. This year, hometown Superboat favorite Dan Davies comments, “Last year was great, but I just can’t wait for this year.” That is the sentiment of most all the teams participating in this year’s grand prix. 2009 was such a great event with the spectacular turnout from the community, the parties and just a great weekend of racing. 2010 should be an even better year.
Teams will start arriving Thursday August 5th and 6th. Race teams will test on Saturday getting their boats setup for Sunday’s races. Lots of teams take Saturday to shake the boat down and really get it ready for raceday. Sunday teams get ready early with physicals, drivers meeting and start preparing for the first race at 11:00 am.
The next race for Super Boat International is August 20th – 22nd, the 1st Annual Thunder on the Beach Space Coast Grand Prix in Cocoa Beach, Florida.

Last year's event was a lot of fun. If you are in the region, it's worth checking out...

Last edited by Damon@tirerack; 08-04-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I don't think any Turbines this year.

No Geico this year - dispute with SBI.
JBS - Delaminated their Mystic hull a second time - is now at Skater for repairs.
AquaMania - I've heard not racing this year at all.

So all you'll get is real noisy piston boats

Old 08-04-2010, 02:05 PM
JCL
Teamspeed Junior Member
JCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond repute
JBS at skater...

Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2010, 02:14 PM
JCL
Teamspeed Junior Member
JCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond repute
sorry for the sideways pic, can anyone correct? im at work with no resources.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
That Strip Poker Cig is one bad ass mofo!

Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
wow I wish I could make it! this should be a good time

Old 08-05-2010, 04:07 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniHawk
That Strip Poker Cig is one bad ass mofo!
The boat was very cool. It's out of Chicago I guess. I believe it was painted by our buddy Dean Loucks at Art of Design.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:34 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by waybomb
I don't think any Turbines this year.

No Geico this year - dispute with SBI.
JBS - Delaminated their Mystic hull a second time - is now at Skater for repairs.
AquaMania - I've heard not racing this year at all.

So all you'll get is real noisy piston boats
JBS and Cintron were both in attendance!

I showed up a bit late to get any great pics this year. All I got are them coming and and being reloaded. Some GREAT pictures here:

Michigan City Gallery 1 | Superboat.com

Michigan City Gallery 2 | Superboat.com

Michigan City – Gallery 3 | Superboat.com

Michigan City – Final Gallery | Superboat.com