Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

85+MPH 2009 Fountain 48 Express Cruiser..VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
the only boat I'd consider upgrading to.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
FastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura about
The 6 blade Herrings work together with the NO 6 drives for the hole shot as well as the top speed
I think they were a 36" pitch

Old 04-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
catmando is an unknown quantity at this point
One of these with trip Yanmar 480s/Arnesons set the Key West-Cancun-Key West time record last year or the year before.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Most of the 48 Fountains run Cummins diesel. Quiet a few of thsoe on the Chesapeake Bay.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Well they've marinized the 5.9 Cummins to 480hp but I think they left some power on the table. With the power I've seen from the Common Rail(700-1200hp) I see no reason a marine Cummins couldn't make at least 700hp. The 5.9 weighs very little more than a big block Chevy motor, and with a multispeed transmission, speeds close to 100mph are very possible, even in a big V bottom. The Eliminator 43Eagle had 480 Cummins motors and it ran over 80 without multispeed trannies.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Trim it high and let it fly... Pretty calm water but looked incredibly smooth and I bet trip 700's can drink a ton of fuel if you get on it. Would like to pics under the hatch and the transom.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
FastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura about
I will look to see if we have any pics around of her, and surprisingly no she is not very thirsty tapped out she gets nearly 2mi per gallon which is incredible for any boat her size!

Old 04-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by FastBoatDealer
I will look to see if we have any pics around of her, and surprisingly no she is not very thirsty tapped out she gets nearly 2mi per gallon which is incredible for any boat her size!
Wait wait...you're saying 2mpg@WOT w/3 supercharged gas motors???

No way.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
I have 8.3l Cummins with 500hp each myself. I believe Cummins diesel top out at 600HP for Marine engines. Not sure if a multispeed transmission could take the torque of the diesels though.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Schwabe
I have 8.3l Cummins with 500hp each myself. I believe Cummins diesel top out at 600HP for Marine engines. Not sure if a multispeed transmission could take the torque of the diesels though.
Weismann transmissions are really strong...