Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

140+ MPH Fountain Poker Run VIDEO!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:58 AM
JCL
Teamspeed Junior Member
JCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond reputeJCL has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 140+ MPH Fountain Poker Run VIDEO!!

Check out the 140+ MPH video...Click the 42 Poker Run thumbnail on the right of the player screen.

click the link for the video:
Fountain Powerboats

Old 08-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
holy sh*t!!!!

that thing is on rails at 140 mph!

those motors sound amazing with the quad super chargers.

i wish i could get one right now!!!!

very nice video. thanks fountain!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Fountain makes a great running boat, some of the fastest hulls on the water. I just can't get past how ugly and "un-stylish" they are. From a design and ergonomic point of view, they are stuck in the 80's. Those dashboards are hideous, the factory paint schemes are lame, and that long protruding needle nose is ugly as well. The seats are the same ones I had on a 27' fever that we owned in 1995.

Cigarettes may be slower when it comes to top speeds on flat water, but they are faster in the rough stuff. They look a million times better, and are completely customizable. Dash board layouts are 100 times better, those billet seats look awesome.

Fountains are far lighter, which is why they are so fast, as well as a few other things.

I remember looking at a Fountain 38 center console, and I thought it was hideous, so I bought a Midnight Express which not only looked better, but performed better. I remember when I was out in my first midnight with 3x250 optimax, and a 38 fountain came along side me with the same engine set up. We were by the port of miami and began to race, the fountain immediately passed me and began to gain some distance. We went out government cut, and it was rough out there, 6' seas, once we were out there I blew by the guy, and he couldn't keep up, he arrived at Haulover cut about 6-10 minutes after me.

Thanks for posting the video. All I said, it's still amazing to see a Vee hull go that fast.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
Have to say that I am with you on this one. Would NEVER buy a Fountain.

Actually it is kind of a shame because 15 year ago I had the utmost respect for Reggie and now I have lost all of it.

He can't run a business and seems to be willing to stoop to publicity stunts to try and show he hass the biggest balls.

The whole Cat Killer crap was a waste of effort and made them look bad in my eyes. They may be fast but Fountains are like the Kia of Offshore Performance boats.

If they are having problems running a business now, just wait until all of their $999 a month customers dry up with our current financial situation in the US.

Those of us buying Cigarette, MTI and Outerlimits will keep buying. Those buying Fountain and Baja may not.

Tough times ahead for Fountain. What is the over/under on bankrupcy?

Old 08-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
opinions, facts, either way i am just a boat fan and appreciate what all boats and manufactures do for the love of the sport. my opinion may not ever matter for i do not see myself purchasing a $400 or even a $1mill powerboat, but i think it is cool as hell that some of you do. some pics added here would always be welcome by me.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:40 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Unreal, thnx for sharing !

Old 08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
blume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LBMA5820
Have to say that I am with you on this one. Would NEVER buy a Fountain.

Actually it is kind of a shame because 15 year ago I had the utmost respect for Reggie and now I have lost all of it.

He can't run a business and seems to be willing to stoop to publicity stunts to try and show he hass the biggest balls.

The whole Cat Killer crap was a waste of effort and made them look bad in my eyes. They may be fast but Fountains are like the Kia of Offshore Performance boats.

If they are having problems running a business now, just wait until all of their $999 a month customers dry up with our current financial situation in the US.

Those of us buying Cigarette, MTI and Outerlimits will keep buying. Those buying Fountain and Baja may not.

Tough times ahead for Fountain. What is the over/under on bankrupcy?
OL builds about 20 boats a year and Fountain builds about 550. % wise there is a lot more OL's on the repo list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you drive? Here's a picture of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boats should be like cars!!!!! A great respect for what they are even if there not your favorite!!!

Attached Images   
Old 08-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hernando
Fountain makes a great running boat, some of the fastest hulls on the water. I just can't get past how ugly and "un-stylish" they are. From a design and ergonomic point of view, they are stuck in the 80's. Those dashboards are hideous, the factory paint schemes are lame, and that long protruding needle nose is ugly as well. The seats are the same ones I had on a 27' fever that we owned in 1995.

Cigarettes may be slower when it comes to top speeds on flat water, but they are faster in the rough stuff. They look a million times better, and are completely customizable. Dash board layouts are 100 times better, those billet seats look awesome.

Fountains are far lighter, which is why they are so fast, as well as a few other things.

I remember looking at a Fountain 38 center console, and I thought it was hideous, so I bought a Midnight Express which not only looked better, but performed better. I remember when I was out in my first midnight with 3x250 optimax, and a 38 fountain came along side me with the same engine set up. We were by the port of miami and began to race, the fountain immediately passed me and began to gain some distance. We went out government cut, and it was rough out there, 6' seas, once we were out there I blew by the guy, and he couldn't keep up, he arrived at Haulover cut about 6-10 minutes after me.

Thanks for posting the video. All I said, it's still amazing to see a Vee hull go that fast.

Having a friend who just purchased a 35' executioner, I would have to agree. He does as well. He bought the fountain on the fact that it was fast for 200K as opposed to the 550K+ he would be shelling out for a comparable Cigarette.

Z06 vs. 430 really.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
blume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Craigger
Having a friend who just purchased a 35' executioner, I would have to agree. He does as well. He bought the fountain on the fact that it was fast for 200K as opposed to the 550K+ he would be shelling out for a comparable Cigarette.

Z06 vs. 430 really.
I agree, Fountain would be the Z06 of boats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool video by the way!!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger

Z06 vs. 430 really.
Exactly! Maybe ZR1 vs Scuderia. Because the Fountain is very fast.

Quick Reply: 140+ MPH Fountain Poker Run VIDEO!!