Notices
Motorcycle Forum The Harley, Chopper, & Performance Motorcycle Discussion Forum.

Cancelling my deposit on the 1199

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
The issue is; I ONLY want a V Twin, (I know Duc's are L Twins) but you get the idea. My RC51's spoiled me. Majki- not sure if you're familiar but the RC51 was actually a nice piece of kit- proper fit and finish, quality aluminum, magnesium with very well made SHOWA shocks and bullet proof reliability.

I just cannot fathom why NO Japanese firm will build a real twin to go head to head with Ducati? The I4 does not give the same ride, joy or experience to a twin. Not even close.

I'm not jumping ship right away; I've called another dealer- they're picking the bike up, putting Termi's on it and will address the issues. I'll ride it throughout this summer and see 'whats what'. The 'numb' feeling front end is something that if I don't rectify for me- I'll abandon the whole Ducati thing.

All of my previous bikes I could go around corners at high or low speeds and know what's going on underneath me. So I'll chalk it up to 'needing to customize' my suspension for me more. For now.

2012 we should not be having 'quality' issues over completely discretionary objects. All the manufacturers should be on top of their shit and not pissing off clients.

(geeez, does that comment sound familiar or WHAT? LOL )

Old 04-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by POWERHOUSE
sound doesnt mean shit on a bike...
Next to a V4 there isn't anything as sexy as a Twin thumping away at RPM...

Just saying man; but I understand what you're saying.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by Scott Davis
I'm so glad you posted this. I've been looking hard at some Ducs in my area. I've had Yamahas and Suzukis and wanted something with more "wow" factor. Maybe ill go with a buell or something....my BIL has 2 and they are great bikes.
Try Triumph. They've recieved numerous awards over the years. Nice bikes. Buells I'd pass on. Too rough around the endges, not refinded enough. IMHO.

But at this stage, I'm not shelling out $25k plus tax for a bike from a brand I'm not convinced about. Not yet.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Try Triumph. They've recieved numerous awards over the years. Nice bikes. Buells I'd pass on. Too rough around the endges, not refinded enough. IMHO.

But at this stage, I'm not shelling out $25k plus tax for a bike from a brand I'm not convinced about. Not yet.
Ive thought about triumphs but dont kow much about them. Dont know anyone who ownes one.

Ive ridden the buell severl times and it is a bit rough, but I kind of like that. You have to fight it a little bit. (Kind of like Johns review of the Aventador...lol). They're easily modified and simple to work on. Ill take a look at the triumphs and see if anything piques my interest.

Thanks for the recommendation

Old 04-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Surprise to hear about your view on Ducati.
I have just gotten into Ducati after being so intrigued with the Diavel. It was baddest cruiser I have ever seen. I was so happy with the bike and the dealer that I decided to give their Sportsbike a try. I ended up buying used 999s from the same dealer a week later. It was a fairly easy bike to start and not too crazy.
Now I can hardly wait for the Panigale. I heard it's very easy and comfy to ride. We will see.

Last edited by vincentdds; 04-12-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by Scott Davis
Ive thought about triumphs but dont kow much about them. Dont know anyone who ownes one.

Ive ridden the buell severl times and it is a bit rough, but I kind of like that. You have to fight it a little bit. (Kind of like Johns review of the Aventador...lol). They're easily modified and simple to work on. Ill take a look at the triumphs and see if anything piques my interest.

Thanks for the recommendation
I've riden several and the newer triumphs are even more reliable and fun then previous generations.

Originally Posted by vincentdds
Surprise to hear about your view on Ducati.
I have just gotten into Ducati after being so intrigued with the Diavel. It was baddest cruiser I have ever seen. I was so happy with the bike and the dealer that I decided to give their Sportsbike a try. I ended up buying used 999s from the same dealer a week later. Now I can hardly wait for the Panigale.
I'm really more dissapointed. I really loved the bike but it's wearing on my nerves.

Hilarious how the Ducati owners (ducati forum) keep on justifying reasons why its my fault and 'Ducati's aren't for everyone' bullshit.

I work 70+ hours a week mother f***ers the last thing I want to do is go tighten every damn bolt on a bike before and after I ride it. I dont have the time for this crap.

Imagine if Porsche or Ferrari told you the same? You'd tell them to piss off and promptly trade the car in faster then you can blink.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not surprised.

Ducatis aren't for pu$$ies.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by Zorro
I'm not surprised.

LOL shut your pie hole....

Old 04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
I'm not surprised.

I'll second that

Old 04-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah go get a Harley

Quick Reply: Cancelling my deposit on the 1199