Notices
Motorcycle Forum The Harley, Chopper, & Performance Motorcycle Discussion Forum.

Bike Guidence....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Meh, not the most pleasant bike to ride. I hear the new one is greatly improved, but I haven't ridden it yet. I've ridden the 750 and the 910R. Very cool bikes, but I think the monster is a better all around choice. The seating position was very cramped, bars translate a lot of vibes, and the mirrors were completely useless. I'd rather just get an F4 or a Monster depending on the intended use. I do admit that it is one of those exotic bikes that you lust for regardless of the better choices out there.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of mine almost bought one--he test rode a friend's with me. He said the off-idle throttle response was way too jerky (easy fix) but even at 6'3 he didn't feel cramped. He was leaving me after 3 runs up the snake...

I <3 the new S1000RR and the R1 but I've always been a middleweight guy.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I am 6'3 and just got rid of an R1. It was the best bike I have ever ridden. I put 19k miles on it in less than a year, with zero problems. Good luck bro.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ara
Since you loved the RC, have you looked at Aprilia RSV-Rs? Looks like they can be had pretty close to your budget.

Edit - Something like this: Aprilia : APRILIA : eBay Motors (item 160419677113 end time Apr-08-10 17:46:36 PDT)

or this: Aprilia : RSV1000R : eBay Motors (item 320512853153 end time Apr-12-10 15:21:42 PDT)

Thanks Ara! How is the reliability of the 'Priller? I know the new RSV4's are pretty much bullet proof. Just not sure of the RSV's.

Originally Posted by SoCal
I am 6'3 and just got rid of an R1. It was the best bike I have ever ridden. I put 19k miles on it in less than a year, with zero problems. Good luck bro.
The more I thinking about this; going back to a I4 is going to be hard for me. I know they're great bikes, but I like the 'sound' and feel of the V -twins. I like the Monsters; but they're not for me. I prefer full fairing bikes.

I'm going to look at the 675 this coming week. I think if I sat on another RC, I might be done. LOL

One of the most sexiest bikes I've ever seen. The only NEW bike's that really catch my eye are the 1098 and "RSV4 Factory" like Ara has. I just can't justify that at this time.

Damn this whole 'growing up and being responsible' crapola.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
^Which is why I think you should just get a used R1. They are a full fairing bike, and you can get one with <6k miles/a couple of years old for around $7500... I hit 190+ multiple times on mine at 20k+ miles, and it was a mid-9 second bike in the quarter. They are solid bikes. Of course, this is all just my $0.02.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
The new R1 and its fancy timing is an I4 but supposedly has more grunt, too.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
If you shop around, you might be able to find a 916 for that kind of money. I'd laugh, quite loudly, at anyone choosing a 600 four pot over one.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
If you shop around, you might be able to find a 916 for that kind of money. I'd laugh, quite loudly, at anyone choosing a 600 four pot over one.
Believe it not; I'm not a fan of the 916. I like the 996's but never was comfortable on those bikes. Besides, A CBR600RR would smoke that 916!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Can a mod ban this fool? Like, right now?

Old 04-07-2010, 11:25 PM
SAB
Teamspeed Pro
SAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my advice.

Forget the performance numbers.
Forget the magazine reviews.
Forget what the rational voice on your shoulder is telling you to do...there's nothing rational about the sport...that's the beauty of it.

Get the bike that moves you standing still. You're clearly still in love with the RC. Maybe it's that v-twin growl that will cause a smile every single time you roll on the throttle. Maybe it's the timeless styling...much like the E30 M3 and 916 Duck...the RC styling is classic. Or maybe it's the fact that it has World Superbike pedigree in it's blood. Let us not forget our good man Colin Edwards handed the Italians and the other big 3 their asses on a platter for the title...twice.

Unless you're a GP level rider even a modern day 600cc sportbike will only be used to a 1/4 of it's potential on the street. Buy the bike that makes you go out to the garage and stare for no reason at all.

Quick Reply: Bike Guidence....