Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Ford 6.2 SVT Raptor Crew Cab. Anyone? Anyone?

Old 06-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
If you are looking at this please make sure you give thought to the GMC Duramax. It's a real truck, pulls almost 20mpg on the highway and you can do a hell of a lot more with it than that toy truck you are looking at. You can also do very easy mods to spin up the boost and get some real power out of the motor. Just my 2 cents...

Old 06-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
If you're going to offroad it, I say go for it. If not, its overkill for the streets. There are plenty of other options out there that will be more entertaining. Please note, I'm not knocking Fords, as my 04 Lighting was one of the few cars I regret selling.
I think most of us here can say we already own cars that are overkill for the streets (or anything else for that matter)
Please elaborate, Sean. What other options are you referring to? That's what I need to know.

Originally Posted by cstroked
The Raptor is awesome. As previously state it's probably overkill for the streets and highway cruising may be a bit of a challenge due to the short gears.
Honestly, it'll likely be used 95% of the time on paved roads/highways, so exactly how much of a challenge are we talking about?

Originally Posted by RDuke
If you are looking at this please make sure you give thought to the GMC Duramax. It's a real truck, pulls almost 20mpg on the highway and you can do a hell of a lot more with it than that toy truck you are looking at. You can also do very easy mods to spin up the boost and get some real power out of the motor. Just my 2 cents...
I hear ya. But like you said, it's really a toy. Impractical in a lot of ways, but if I'm resigning myself to getting something in the truck/SUV department, then it has to be fun in addition to utilitarian.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Buy one and then have it modified by Hennessey. You won't get bored with it then.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smy266
Buy one and then have it modified by Hennessey. You won't get bored with it then.
Forgot to add that my DD stays stock. I don't need the hassles of modified cars when driving to and from work.
Besides, Hennessy doesn't exactly scream reliability

Old 06-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
At first I was concerned about the width of the raptor in terms of parking but since I bought it with the back up camera it has never been an issue. Trust me it is the way to go.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
I've gone back and forth between a Raptor and a Jeep GC SRT-8... So far i have yet to pull the trigger because i go back and forth weekly!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by bonehead
Honestly, it'll likely be used 95% of the time on paved roads/highways, so exactly how much of a challenge are we talking about?

I hear ya. But like you said, it's really a toy. Impractical in a lot of ways, but if I'm resigning myself to getting something in the truck/SUV department, then it has to be fun in addition to utilitarian.
I don't think it's going to be a challenge, but you may get annoyed with the higher revs than a normal 150 due to the 4.10 gearing. You certainly don't need the short gears, you could always swap them out. Or, if it doesn't bother you then it's not an issue.

The Raptor is built on a platform rated to haul up to 11.3k lbs. While Ford doesn't rate the Raptor for that, I still would not call it toy.

While I have never owned anything smaller than a 3/4 ton diesel, for what you want to do there's just no point in stepping up to that size.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Just end this. Get a Veyron.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
Get it. They're badass. I see a few every week and they just have such a presence. Ford makes a great truck. I love mine, even though it isn't a Raptor. Also, with you wanting to take off the graphics, it will look perfect!

Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
I've gone back and forth between a Raptor and a Jeep GC SRT-8... So far i have yet to pull the trigger because i go back and forth weekly!
The Jeep SRT8 is definitely worth a look too. I'd think it'd be better for family duties. It's comfier, more luxurious, faster, and so much more capable on the road. Plus, the price is similar, IIRC. Leave it stock or wait a little longer for the factory supercharger and you can give your Turbo a run for its money with the whole family loaded up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford 6.2 SVT Raptor Crew Cab. Anyone? Anyone?