Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

New Ford Mustang set for world debut

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011 | 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ALMS21 has a spectacular aura aboutALMS21 has a spectacular aura aboutALMS21 has a spectacular aura aboutALMS21 has a spectacular aura aboutALMS21 has a spectacular aura aboutALMS21 has a spectacular aura aboutALMS21 has a spectacular aura aboutALMS21 has a spectacular aura aboutALMS21 has a spectacular aura aboutALMS21 has a spectacular aura aboutALMS21 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by McRae
that rear is fugly...
That rear looks 10 times better than the current one

Old 06-10-2011 | 09:59 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
ford is heading in the right direction.

they are making cars people don't have to make excuses for.

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by IIVVX
ford is heading in the right direction.

they are making cars people don't have to make excuses for.
That is one of the best descriptions of every American car company I have heard.

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ss7
I like it as well, but I think one piece tail light like these would be better

Now that tops it off. The interrupted tails are ugly. Why are the domestics always fixed on needing to make strange tails haha. Don't over do it.

Ford continues to impress me.

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:38 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I like it!! But, it does seem to rip off the Camaro, no?

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I like it!! But, it does seem to rip off the Camaro, no?
I think it's those rear haunches and the scoop. But to me all true American muscle cars have a similar look.

I'm excited to see if they can make this thing handle.

Old 06-11-2011 | 12:40 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Damon@tirerack
Let's just hope they put a transmission that works in the new car. They are getting quite a bit of bad press on that chinese tranny in the present GT's. They are breaking left and right.
Does that apply to the Shelby GT500's?
I do not think that it does, but I'm not sure.
I've been able to drive them both, and to me, it seems to me that they MAY have not used the stock GT tranny.

I"d like to know the answer to this.

That said, when I drove that GT5, it was an absolute short, extremely crisp throw. I do not want to say it took "effort", but it was very, well... crisp and confident.

I don't know if it was just the Hurst shifter, or if it was a different tranny than the base GT.

Old 06-11-2011 | 12:54 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
OHHHHH it would be fun to see a proper Dual-Clutch available for this biatch!!

Or ----------------------------- a PROPER 6 speed m/t for it- at the very least!!

Old 06-11-2011 | 01:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
SpeedRob is on a distinguished roadSpeedRob is on a distinguished road
I heard it will be about the size of a Fox body car.

Old 06-11-2011 | 03:30 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Does that apply to the Shelby GT500's?
I do not think that it does, but I'm not sure.........
No. GT500 trannies have been fine as they are not made in China. Ford has been replacing bad ones with new ones (only to have them fail again) under warranty, but they are refusing to replace the GT trans with the one from the GT500.

Quick Reply: New Ford Mustang set for world debut