Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

The Ford GT Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like the exhaust got so hot that it melted the plastic vents on the engine cover:

I'm fairly confident that the Ford GT is THE most easily accessible super car on the planet in terms of cost of entry. Absolutely the best supercar you can get for under $200k. The only thing that can keep up with it performance wise for the same price would be the Porsche Turbo S but that wouldn't be nearly as exciting.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:47 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
I agree Alex, in terms of a pure supercar with no frills and absolute thrills. It is very traditional and far more exciting than other cars at its price point. But it is a pure toy and has really no practical value, and that's what makes 911s so great. Regardless I'm with you.

One of the best things about this car is that it is downright easy to drive, and the visibility isn't nearly as bad as the car's shape would make you think. Compared to other high-horsepower 6-speed cars, I find the shifter/clutch pedal effort to be no different than a 'normal' car, and running through the gears is such a delight. Also the sound the car makes under load is amazing. Add the connection with the historic race car and it's a car guy's dream. It will get looks wherever you go, and people will be just as enthusiastic about it as a car costing 3-4 times as much. A couple years back they were even more of a bargain at ~$120k. Now those same cars are fetching $55-70k more!

Ford made a good amount of them so I am sure we will be seeing ultra-clean examples for decades and decades. Good for us!

Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'm fairly confident that the Ford GT is THE most easily accessible super car on the planet in terms of cost of entry. Absolutely the best supercar you can get for under $200k. The only thing that can keep up with it performance wise for the same price would be the Porsche Turbo S but that wouldn't be nearly as exciting.

Last edited by Randy@DomaniMotors; 04-07-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ELITE 1 is on a distinguished roadELITE 1 is on a distinguished roadELITE 1 is on a distinguished roadELITE 1 is on a distinguished roadELITE 1 is on a distinguished roadELITE 1 is on a distinguished road
Looks like the exhaust got so hot that it melted the plastic vents on the engine cover:

^^^DAMN! thats crazy.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ELITE 1
^^^DAMN! thats crazy.
Yeah, there's a choice of different aluminum mods (stock or custom) to replace those. The stock mod looks just like the stock plastic vents. So far no problems, but for my car, for what it's worth, I tend to pop the clamshell after runs on the track (or hard runs on the street). Haven't had any warpage issues yet. *knocks wood*

Old 04-07-2011, 09:54 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
cost of entry and cost of upkeep too. i agree completely about it being the best under 200k, and at stage 1 (700hp) for a couple grand i think you would be hard pressed to find a better overall package of performance & looks. its a very special car, i can't say that about virtually any of its rivals price wise.

Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
I agree Alex, in terms of a pure supercar with no frills and absolute thrills. It is very traditional and far more exciting than other cars at its price point. But it is a pure toy and has really no practical value, and that's what makes 911s so great. Regardless I'm with you.

One of the best things about this car is that it is downright easy to drive, and the visibility isn't nearly as bad as the car's shape would make you think. Compared to other high-horsepower 6-speed cars, I find the shifter/clutch pedal effort to be no different than a 'normal' car, and running through the gears is such a delight. Also the sound the car makes under load is amazing. Add the connection with the historic race car and it's a car guy's dream. It will get looks wherever you go, and people will be just as enthusiastic about it as a car costing 3-4 times as much. A couple years back they were even more of a bargain at ~$120k. Now those same cars are fetching $55-70k more!

Ford made a good amount of them so I am sure we will be seeing ultra-clean examples for decades and decades. Good for us!
i also enjoyed rowing through that ricardo 'box, such sweet shift action. they were the bargain of the century at 120's, ford made over 4000 so its a bit surprising that they have held such strong value but then again when you drive one it all makes sense.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:16 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
looks like value is currently around 140's to 150's for a driver while collector mile cars look to be 175-250 depending on color/spec

for example, '05 red/white (most common combo) with 3k miles asking 159k

Ford GT For Sale | New & Used Ford GT, Plus Ford GT Pictures, Sell your ford gt, buy a ford gt, purchase a ford gt & More, ford gts for sale

Old 04-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ricky s. Photography has a reputation beyond reputeRicky s. Photography has a reputation beyond reputeRicky s. Photography has a reputation beyond reputeRicky s. Photography has a reputation beyond reputeRicky s. Photography has a reputation beyond reputeRicky s. Photography has a reputation beyond reputeRicky s. Photography has a reputation beyond reputeRicky s. Photography has a reputation beyond reputeRicky s. Photography has a reputation beyond reputeRicky s. Photography has a reputation beyond reputeRicky s. Photography has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
looks like value is currently around 140's to 150's for a driver while collector mile cars look to be 175-250 depending on color/spec

for example, '05 red/white (most common combo) with 3k miles asking 159k

Ford GT For Sale | New & Used Ford GT, Plus Ford GT Pictures, Sell your ford gt, buy a ford gt, purchase a ford gt & More, ford gts for sale
I would buy that in the blink of an eye. If only I had the cash........

.... and the driver's license

Old 04-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ricky s. Photography
I would buy that in the blink of an eye. If only I had the cash........

.... and the driver's license
What he said.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
ddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura about
that is a beautiful car, is that really how far the shifter cocks over in 1st gear in the GT's?

Old 04-10-2011, 06:56 PM
FIGJAM

Quick Reply: The Ford GT Picture Thread