Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

The Ford GT Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:55 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JDM135
I can see IIVVX and myself joining the 50,000 mile and up club with our FGT's in the future. I haven't even driven it, and I'm in love, when I get a chance, I don't think I'll be able to get out of the car lol.

Right IIVVX? We'll meet up with our M-9430-GTX Headered FGT's and drive around the U.S. lmao.
i would love to join that club God willing haha. good lord we will be the loudest sob's in the country.

two 9430 cars? LOL!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:41 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
Wow. I knew the GTR was big and bulky, but damn that thing looks like an SUV compared to the GT lol.

Nice Pics guys.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. I knew the GTR was big and bulky, but damn that thing looks like an SUV compared to the GT lol.

Nice Pics guys.
Haha. But to be fair, a LOT of cars look big and bulky beside a GT. Case in point, here's mine with a buddy's R8....

Attached Images   
Old 08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, lol. That is awesome. I love how low and wide it is, so aggressive. Pictures really don't do it justice. When I saw it in person for the first time, it was insanely low and wide. Being 6'5, my waist was higher than the roof, kinda like Jeremy Clarkson lol.

Also superfly, I was wondering. I know the gear layout is the standard 6, but the reverse is to the far left. To get to reverse, do you push down on the shifter and go to the left, or is it just farther left than first?

Last edited by JDM135; 08-29-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ A little bit of a harder shove to the left gets you to Reverse. It actually takes a pretty good pull to get to Reverse, but (probably something I learned in my 911 Turbo) after sitting in neutral at an intersection or something, I'll go to 2nd gear and then up to first before I leave (just to make sure I don't accidentally grab Reverse). So to answer your question, no, you do NOT push down.

Last edited by Superfly; 08-29-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Superfly
^^^ A little bit of a harder shove to the left gets you to Reverse. It actually takes a pretty good pull to get to Reverse, but (probably something I learned in my 911 Turbo) after sitting in neutral at an intersection or something, I'll go to 2nd gear and then up to first before I leave (just to make sure I don't accidentally grab Reverse). So to answer your question, no, you do NOT push down.

Damn. Lol. That's what I thought. I would hate to be in Reverse at an intersection waiting for the light to turn green haha. Going to second and straight up is good, but I think after driving for a while it should be pretty noticeable when you're in first or reverse right?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
I hate convertible anything. A sport car shouldn't be convertible/roadster. I mean, roadsters are OK, cause they aren't really convertible, more of a mix between coupe and convertible, but I'd take coupe over it any day.

Personally, I don't even like the look of roof of the GTX-1. Idk, just not feeling it. Sure you can change out the rims, and since I like it sticker less, take off the stickers, and since if I don't like the top, I'd leave the tops in all the time, etc. It's basically returning it to a stock GT lol. If I would get a GTX-1, it means I'm paying $40-50,000 more for something I want to return to stock.

As far as pulley, tune, exhaust, etc. I'm already planning that, and new rims, and lowering it, etc. if I were to get a GT. I think the stock GT is perfect the way it is, the GTX-1 would be nicer if it was a modded version of the stock GT similar to what C6 and Z06 is. Same body and what not, but lower, exhaust, more power, etc. But considering how much more it cost than a regular GT, you can do the same minus the roof for around half the price.
Isn't a roadster a convertible with absolutely no top? I thought convertible had the soft top you could raise and a roadster had no roof at all(like the Shelby Cobra). Don't know if there is a name for hard-top convertibles. There are just too many damn names for these things(spyder, cabriolet, spider, rag top, etc) and often misused.
I hate soft-tops, they are ugly, so I prefer roadster.

I still think it would be cool to drive in the open air and sun in a GT. I would throw away the top though, because it looks ugly on the GTX-1 and ruins the whole point. Then swap rims and have it painted how you want and you have a dope summer weather GT.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Superfly
Maybe I am missing something, but how do you confuse 1st and reverse at a stop? Isn't 1st forward and reverse you pull back? Wouldn't the worry be getting reverse instead of second?

Quick Reply: The Ford GT Picture Thread