Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News (https://teamspeed.com/forums/modern-day-classics-ferrari-general-news/)
-   -   355 to 360 (https://teamspeed.com/forums/modern-day-classics-ferrari-general-news/67145-355-360-a.html)

Axman 12-01-2011 05:01 PM

Ali; it looks great from the pics!

boursachi 12-01-2011 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LABrit (Post 1170069)
I'm not sure to be honest.
Ali, what's the price difference from a 360 to 430?

we shall find out soon enough my friend :smilie:
360 to 430, at least 25 thousand pounds sterling
what are you insinuating ;)

Originally Posted by GrayTT (Post 1170078)
I was talking to the head of spacial projects at Pininfarina, and he had a hand (some may say two) in both the 355 and the 360... accourding to him the 360 has more classic Ferrari lines than any othere Fcar out there (including the 430). And he feels the car will age well even if it seems old today when compared to others of the same age.
So I would vote for the upgrade to the newer model...

very interesting input, and a new perspective
for me, the 360 is already a 'nicer' looking car than the 430. definitely a better looking ferrari. always was, and the 355 is a more classical ferrari, (i will never -never- favour any fcar over a 355)
the 430 with the exposed and high taillights kills it for me.
(the 599 and dino with their single-tails each side kill it as well)

having said that, this particular 360 example with the tubi will, i am certain, fill the void in the acoustic department as well as the ferrari environment. the green gauge lights and the short bonnet ahead satisfy the needs for the italian horsey. i agree with Dana, there is no compromise here (with the sound effects added)

the added practicality and more sensible maintenance (if all is well and taken care of) are nice extras, esp for my purpose for the car.

like i said at the beginning of this thread, this whole move is motivated by financial reasons. now, logic takes over. emotionally (lol wtf) not sure yet.
keeping the 355 is an easy decision for me, but i do not want to have something in the back of my head that will every time cost $11k because that is stupid. revisiting the 355 world as a manual in the future is the better option.
progress on its sale has been made as well, so it is getting very serious very fast

Originally Posted by Axman (Post 1170249)
Ali; it looks great from the pics!

i wish i took a vid to make you listen to the sound :)
i honestly believe that the car would not have left the same impression had it been on a stock exhaust!
i enjoy this pic i snapped behind the wheel

mafishman1 12-01-2011 08:16 PM

Looks great Ali....I am convinced you are going to own it. :)

LABrit 12-02-2011 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by boursachi (Post 1170321)
we shall find out soon enough my friend :smilie:
360 to 430, at least 25 thousand pounds sterling
what are you insinuating ;)

Honestly - spend 25k more and go for the 430. The mileage and interior on that car are just no goes for me.

boursachi 12-02-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by mafishman1 (Post 1170436)
Looks great Ali....I am convinced you are going to own it. :)

:) excited to inspect it

Originally Posted by LABrit (Post 1170837)
Honestly - spend 25k more and go for the 430. The mileage and interior on that car are just no goes for me.

appreciate the honesty josh! thank you
a. 44k km for a 360 is considered very low, esp a 2000
too low in fact that a lot of people have said the odo has been reset
the diff i quoted in price can get you a 430 but with 80k km ... 50k km will be a 'good' deal and considered 'fair' :smilie:

b. 430 for me is a very slim chance i really am not a fan. at all
i am thinking of the 997tt as a next car in a couple of years
by then i am certain the 430 will be where i like to buy cars at (35k pounds/$55k) but i dont see it offering anything more

c. i would have never thought of a red red 360 but frommthe inside it just works! but i am used to that since i have 3 cars already with red interior:whistle::dizzy:

d. right now i both cannot afford the price diff even if i wanted to, and i would much rather keep the 355 from a financial pov as well

loving the discussions here guys
feel free to add experiences or ideas as i wait for updates

boursachi 12-03-2011 06:00 AM

pulled file at ad
over 95k spent on services :dizzy: i hate stealerships
annual service done last march
98% certain it will need tge major cambelts service

4 rims replaced at 33k km
look good asnew still
they were put on in 2006!
so obviously the car has been stored for a while current is 44k km so 11 k in 5yrs?)

spoke with mates concerned to check on the car's registration
i willtrack any owner changes tomorrow :)

very good so far
EXCEPT that the ad required the owner + registration be present if they are to tell me about what the car needs now, as an estimate was made in march but was not carried out.
waiting on owner to get back to me, wish to go within the next 3hrs to the ad and get the full gist before i pull the registration history tom

wish me luck

Axman 12-03-2011 06:02 AM

Good luck Ali!

naz 12-03-2011 08:46 AM

Good luck bro!

boursachi 12-03-2011 09:21 AM

thnx guys
this is getting verrrry interesting lol

accounted for the rest of the mileage, 11k or so
owner who put them on is a guy who frequents the same shop i do and we have mutual friends
those mechanic friends vouch for him, they have seen the car and tell me to pass by with it to triple check everything
i have spoken with him personally and he is a true gentleman and was very blunt and honest with what he has done. i like everything. ac compressor and other weather-related matters (fans) addressed, small interior tidbits which explains why it is mint

there is now a bit of confusion with the ad's estimate though
owner was aware of a hefty estimate when he bought it, but ad insist this is when the car went in in march. that has to be followed to the end to see what ad is on about

the 4 wheels bought in 2006 threw me off, but no account of any body panels purchased or done. dont think its related to an accident.. and the chassis is as sure as anything perfect. my guess? based on the name it is under at the ad, and who picks the bill, ad just recommended it and they went with it :shrug: 95k, i mean, daaamn

by 10pm tonight, more about the history should be clear if not all
over the nxt couple days i wish to take it for inspection
basically, this car is extremely well maintained and all mileage is accounted for and all work is known (documentation in kuwait/gulf is not like in the west unfortunately). mechanics network is great and reputable.

what i am doing right now is all about what i should pay depending on what needs to be done (besides the major) .. doesnt seem like much to be honest but i want to check the pressure and ball joints and take it from there

sorry no pics guys
hope those rants are amusing :)

boursachi 12-06-2011 02:55 PM

mutual acquaintance got in on the deal

he spoke to the current owner of the car asking him to budge on price for me.
that owner has sweared he is turning it over at no profit at the price we agreed upon two days ago (he is telling the truth, absolutely)
there is a 3rd party involved who saw the car before i drove it and asked the owner for a week

tomorrow's phonecall is going to be a bit awkward but i'll try to play it cool and hope he can make it to the shop to inspect the car

if all goes according to plan, this should be all over this weekend

wish me luck guys