Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News (https://teamspeed.com/forums/modern-day-classics-ferrari-general-news/)
-   -   355 to 360 (https://teamspeed.com/forums/modern-day-classics-ferrari-general-news/67145-355-360-a.html)

boursachi 05-06-2012 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
rant over cooling and practicality: so i was stuck in traffic today for around 15mins at an hour which is ridiculous to have traffic, at a road which is adjacent to the second most expensive residential area here, i'm talking like 1k m2 costing up to $2.75mil, and i saw my coolant temp go up to 95 deg C.. got so pissed, it got near to 100, but never actually hit 100, and save for the stop-pause and heated clutch jerkiness, i got to thinking how fcars really don't get much credit and why they're always blasted online as being expensive useless toys, and more importantly why most people who know i have 2 think i'm crazy and think i'm super rich (totally N O T) and burning away my money (fortunately not)

i decide i'm not going to where i was going, took a detour and enter the 2nd most exp residential area so i can cut through and it will put me on a highway.. 5 minutes later and just because i was moving at 50km/h stopping at 2 speed bumps, on the highway temp drops back to 80 deg C.
now, it was ~41 deg C outside, so we still have +10 to +15 deg C to go to for full-throttle-summer-heat, BUT, 80 deg because you're doing 120-140kmh in this weather just out of bad, bad traffic? this is mercedes benz level cooling, i am 80% certain it's better than pcar levels around here, and for sure it's better than the vette C5 which is around 92 deg C

just thought i'd share this opinion from one of the hottest places, most traffic burdened roads at all times, where highways can get stop-go at all times except probably 11pm-6am ..

Lumma 05-07-2012 02:02 AM

Thats great, Ali ur making me itch for a 360

after hearing the horror stroies of overheating !!

boursachi 05-07-2012 10:13 AM

bo fatma it's all in the usage and maintenance of course, and you know how some guys just want to be 'seen' in an fcar rather than really wanting to own & drive one so they don't do the reading nor tc of maint schedule!

i am looking for a 360 for a friend, only found the 2 manuals that are on the site. one has 135k km and the other 90k km, i saw the blue one irl and the first thing i checked was the undertrays from the engine compartment and it wasn't there; that to me makes it worth nil!

in all honesty o khalni akon saree7 m3ak kallamni ohwa 3la sayarti o ana 3a6aita se3ir agal mn ely 3a6aitek eyah lenna 7ann 3alay fa etha eb kha6rik mosta7eel a36ek yaha aghla mn else3ir ely geltla eyaah lanek 3azeez o ghaaly fa ent shouf wath3ik o ridly khabar chan taby tejarebbha o tef7as'ha mafeha shay 7alalek

KristofD10 05-07-2012 10:31 AM

2 Ferrari's and not rich? :D

Are your cars "cheaper" where you live? I would have to pay around 90k for a 360 and 60-90k for a 355 (Germany or Belgium).
If this is too personal, you can send me a pm if you'd prefer that.

boursachi 05-07-2012 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by KristofD10 (Post 1307852)
2 Ferrari's and not rich? :D
Are your cars "cheaper" where you live? I would have to pay around 90k for a 360 and 60-90k for a 355 (Germany or Belgium).
If this is too personal, you can send me a pm if you'd prefer that.

i am fortunate thank God and i have a good career but i hate to describe myself as rich and prefer to say that i know how to enjoy what i make and enrich my life experience :) very proud of the fact that my dad enjoys my cars as well, since he bought me a C5 vette when i got into college.
and not at all bro i dont mind, yes it is much cheaper over here (maintenance as well). it's more like $62k for a 360, and the 355 as well is similar but personally wouldn't let it go for that! :)
maintenance, if you buy parts from eurospares/ricambi, you are looking at $3k maintenance max for a complete job of clutch and engine service plus additives. for my 360 job i paid ~$1.5k labour but around $7.5k for parts.. the clutch and bearing are ridiculously priced imho but ferrari gets away with it

EDIT: when i said 62k for a 360, i'm talking buying one, then going on to do the full engine service, along with a clutch/bearing/sensor change, and i also calculated the price i paid for a full set of 8 coils (i was an idiot and paid DOUBLE because i ordered the ferrari boxed ones, i found them at 50% off -exact same ones- but come in BOSCH boxes) it would be VERY hard for any 360 to fetch over that - unless it is a 2004 spider with no more than 30k kms, then i would say yeah it would be worth it

KristofD10 05-07-2012 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by boursachi (Post 1307890)
i hate to describe myself as rich and prefer to say that i know how to enjoy what i make and enrich my life experience :)

Rep for this :)

62k + around 10k for maintenance. That sounds a little bit more affordable than 90k.
Thanks for the info, and keep the updates coming.

Are you still considering to paint your 360 yellow?

boursachi 05-07-2012 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by KristofD10 (Post 1307901)
62k + around 10k for maintenance. That sounds a little bit more affordable than 90k.
Thanks for the info, and keep the updates coming.
Are you still considering to paint your 360 yellow?

actually that 62k should cover INCLUDING the maintenance :) so you should be in the clear for no less than 30k kms at 62k in a 360

as for painting the car, nah i don't think i would ever change the paintjob. still prefer yellow to red but my red interior would look ridiculous. i love the idea of a black 360 as much as that of a yellow one though :D there are some sticker-wrap places here, and they assure me they offer the glossy-rich-paint-look black, not the silly matte .. but i would not do it unless i knew exactly how they would apply it and what/if panels have to be removed then i would say no thanks in all honesty! price-wise i think it can be done for $2.5k which is to me a lot as well and not worth it unless i hated my car's colour, which i don't at all :)

thanks and i sure will be updating you guys, never hesitate to ask any questions!

KristofD10 05-07-2012 11:16 AM

62k including maintenance? I hate Europe! :wall: I'd pay 5k on taxes for registration + 4k every year. FML.

I like the red color, you already have a yellow 355 :)

Black would be nice though, the wrap would protect the original paint too, but... there's nothing like a red Ferrari :D

boursachi 05-27-2012 02:06 PM

8 Attachment(s)
360 engine bay and interior getting some love
just met with a guy who is interested, and i might let it go if the deal is right

TeutonicCarFan 05-27-2012 02:10 PM

^ why let it go? On the top of the page you were saying how much you love that car! What's the mileage?