Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

308 GTBi Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
They're all fine cars if they've been taken care of. Unfortunately, with the prices where they are on the 308s, a lot of basket case owners buy them and neglect the cars to the point of destruction.

If you found a one-owner car with good service records, buy it and don't think twice.

Fuse box gremlins are easily solved by any decent independent who knows how to replace it with breakers, so too the other wiring issues like the window motors. If you want more power out of it, you're limited only by the present condition of the engine and the thickness of your wallet. 400+ hp is possible if you're willing to invest the amount you're likely to pay for the car in it.

It's always a good idea to have a PPI done by a Ferrari shop-- find an independent with a good reputation, very few factory authorized shops will do PPIs anymore.
I actually just got back from doing a PPI at Ferrari. During the PPI, I found out the car is actually an 82', titled as an 81, and it has the Quattrovalvole engine(it even says on the intake manifold). The Dealership has been servicing it for the past how many years they have been open(I think 10). Before then it, was brought to Malaysia to the dealership there. Other than the fact its not an 81', they couldnt find any problems with the car, to include common problem areas with the wiring harness.

I go to sign the paperwork on wednesday, re-title and pay COE on friday

Thanks for all the help and answered questions guys!

Last edited by Shadow; 03-15-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:41 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
original 1981 ad

Old 03-15-2010, 02:12 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I cannot believe there's a 308 thread without Russ' story involving the crazy mechanic. It's tradition!!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
No idea what you're talking about . . .

Sounds like a great car. Buy it and drive the crap out of it. But keep it out of the hands of mechanics with long criminal records, who like to get pulled over at triple digit speeds by the police in your Ferrari, who has ever fired a handgun nine times from the backseat of a car at his brother in the front seat of the car, whose brother has ever taken off in an airplane by himself and then realized he better learn how to A) fly, and then B) land, or who has ever shot a customer in the head as he walked in the front door of his auto shop.

Just trust me on this.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I wanted to add a 308 and talked with a guy 3 weekends ago and he had a nightmare with it. All the small stuff ended up to be 1/3rd or more of the car by the time he was done sorting the engine. He still has other work to do but it's probably talked me out of one for now. They are cool looking cars

Old 03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Joe! Can't wait to see pics! I bet it'll feel good to say you're a "Ferrari owner".