Notices

Some advice from those in/from Dubai

Old 01-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Panayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nice
Some advice from those in/from Dubai

There is a good chance that I will be moving over to Dubai this year, I've wanted to work there since early on in my career and it seems like the time is right. I may be soon in discussions with a potential employer and I'm currently getting my head around how much I would need to maintain my lifestyle .

Currently looking at the cost of accomodation, any job I will get will be in the DIFC, and I have an ex colleague who is currently working there and he lives in Downtown Khalifa I believe. He tells me that its about 10 mins from the DIFC and there is rarely any traffic. Is that an area that I should be concentrating on? I ask because it's all well and good being close to work, but if other areas are much better to live in, I'd prefer to live in those. Obviously I dont want a 2 hour journey into work every day either!

Any information would be great from locals.

Thanks,
Peter

Old 01-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
In for the responses.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a local, but I visit very often and my sister-in-law works and lives there. The area your friend lives in is very nice, modern and close to the main attractions (including DIFC), however these central areas tend to be more expensive. If your employer is willing to cover your accomodation then you are pretty much set.

You can also look into living in Jumeirah, which is closer to the beach and would take about 30-45mins to get to DIFC with traffic. It all depends on the size of your family and what you're interests are.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Panayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nicePanayiotis is just really nice
Originally Posted by MC321
I'm not a local, but I visit very often and my sister-in-law works and lives there. The area your friend lives in is very nice, modern and close to the main attractions (including DIFC), however these central areas tend to be more expensive. If your employer is willing to cover your accomodation then you are pretty much set.

You can also look into living in Jumeirah, which is closer to the beach and would take about 30-45mins to get to DIFC with traffic. It all depends on the size of your family and what you're interests are.

Thanks for that. I am actually a single guy, so I dont have many issues with family. The idea of being close tot he beach is something I like the sound of, however 45 min to work every morning may ruin that dream! Are the beaches there enjoyable?

Old 01-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Panayiotis
Thanks for that. I am actually a single guy, so I dont have many issues with family. The idea of being close tot he beach is something I like the sound of, however 45 min to work every morning may ruin that dream! Are the beaches there enjoyable?
Well, I am not sure about public beaches, but if you become a gym member in one of the hotels there and get beach access then those are great. If you have any specific questions then you can PM me and I'll forward them to my friends who live in Dubai.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by MC321
Well, I am not sure about public beaches, but if you become a gym member in one of the hotels there and get beach access then those are great. If you have any specific questions then you can PM me and I'll forward them to my friends who live in Dubai.
Thanks for that, I'll see how the job offer looks like and I might take you up on that offer.

-Peter