Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren P1 - exclusive on-track review by Autocar

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow McLaren P1 - exclusive on-track review by Autocar

Name:  mclaren-p1-review.jpg
Views: 8842
Size:  126.2 KB

McLaren P1 - exclusive on-track review of the world's ultimate hypercar
The 903bhp McLaren P1 is certainly one of the most exciting hypercars ever. But is it better than a Porsche 918 Spyder? Steve Sutcliffe, one of the few in the world to have driven both, reveals all.

The McLaren P1 is the long awaited successor to the mighty McLaren F1 of 1994, and as such represents the pinnacle of achievement, both now and in the foreseeable future as far McLaren Automotive's expanding range of road cars is concerned. For the time being it is, says McLaren, if not the fastest car in the world - that title almost certainly belongs to Ferrari's even more potent, slightly lighter LaFerrari - then the most exciting hypercar to drive the world has ever seen.

Source [Autocar]

Old 01-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just going to say it...

This has got to be the most horrifically bad review I have ever seen. What new information does it tell us? Nothing. The future of marketing the brand of McLaren is officially in the toilet (pun intended) thanks to the P1.

I'd rather have a single-number performance metric than listen to his 'diarrhea' commentary. Sweet Jesus that was bad.

And WTF is wrong with British journalism these days. Even my favorite, Chris Harris, does this incessantly - DRIFTING.

We have here the supposedly best handling, stickiest road car ever devised by mankind, an Apollo moment, and you drift it like a $1,500 s**t-can ricer mobile.

Kill me.

Last edited by Zeus; 01-25-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:55 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Piece of shit review.. from the fact sheet bs ( we all know the figures) to the narration part.. and the damn fact that he had no insight on how it drove on or off the track.. no insight in its driving modes..

Plain and utter shit through and through

Old 01-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
therealjustin is an unknown quantity at this point
It felt like the review kept being interrupted by a nature documentary. Shut up and drive, and if you have to talk say something inspiring or thought provoking.

Verbal diarrhea...sure thing buddy...

I guess the P1 was too much for him to handle.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:34 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I wanted more from this too - especially since we had to wait a week to see it.

>8^)
ER

Old 01-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Ya this was a really bad review if you even can call it a review...

Chris Harris is testing one soon.

@harrismonkey "For those asking, we're driving the McLaren P1 soon"

Last edited by koizu; 01-25-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad you all have similar thought to mine. This is arguably the most signifant car launch in the last 10 years and this review couldn't even keep my attention. Not sure how that is possible

Old 01-26-2014, 05:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
You really nailed it here!
I can't even remember the time when Car magazine actually made good stuff. Must be long ago.
Evo does a much better job, and Chris Harris of course.
But I totally agree with you on the drifting thing. I mean it's just stupid. Especially CH's latest review on M5, E63 and XF-RS was a complete waste of time.
Chris Harris said: "I'm telling you this is how these cars are driven most of the time!" And I was like: noo way, 80% of owners don't even know how to do this...

Originally Posted by Zeus
I'm just going to say it...

This has got to be the most horrifically bad review I have ever seen. What new information does it tell us? Nothing. The future of marketing the brand of McLaren is officially in the toilet (pun intended) thanks to the P1.

I'd rather have a single-number performance metric than listen to his 'diarrhea' commentary. Sweet Jesus that was bad.

And WTF is wrong with British journalism these days. Even my favorite, Chris Harris, does this incessantly - DRIFTING.

We have here the supposedly best handling, stickiest road car ever devised by mankind, an Apollo moment, and you drift it like a $1,500 s**t-can ricer mobile.

Kill me.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
Especially CH's latest review on M5, E63 and XF-RS was a complete waste of time.
Chris Harris said: "I'm telling you this is how these cars are driven most of the time!" And I was like: noo way, 80% of owners don't even know how to do this...
He was joking about that. The video's point was that he didn't care if people get tired of the drifting because the cars were so great. He was just having a blast, and left it up to the internet for bickering over specs and such.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
The P1 10/10, that review 2/10.

Quick Reply: McLaren P1 - exclusive on-track review by Autocar