Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

If you had a shot at an F1

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Tzimtzum is infamous around these partsTzimtzum is infamous around these parts
If you had a shot at an F1

Say you know a guy who has one and it's sitting, buried in his underground garage. It's never driven and has like 1/8" of dust on it. Some of you may even know the one I'm talking about.

Now, you have enough to make a good offer, but you aren't sure how to open up the discussion, or where to start in terms of money. I don't want to come off as low-balling and offend him. I've seen what dollar neighborhood they're in if they're well maintained ($3M+) but this one's going to need divine levels of help, it likely hasn't even been turned over in a decade. I'm not sure where to begin.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Mclaren still look after all their F1s and can pretty much build them from scratch to showroom condition.

Peleton25 on this website can help you more though- he knows more about the Mclaren F1 then the rest of the internet combined.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by ZondaTricolore
Mclaren still look after all their F1s and can pretty much build them from scratch to showroom condition.

Peleton25 on this website can help you more though- he knows more about the Mclaren F1 then the rest of the internet combined.
That's helpful, thank you. I'm not Bill Gates or even Jenson Button, but I have the means to purchase, restore, and maintain it. I simply want to do the best I can at finding the right price. No one likes to spend more than is realistically necessary.

My hope would be to get this magnificent work of art back into the light of day for others to appreciate. These very special cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed! Not buried and forgotten.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Well if I had the means, I'd go for it! I don't know the going rate of one in said condition, but I don't think it would be too cheap. But like you said, they need to be driven and appreciated

Old 10-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond repute
Why not just ask him if he'd be interested in selling it because you are seriously interested in the car?

Old 10-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by JuiceBox
Why not just ask him if he'd be interested in selling it because you are seriously interested in the car?
I want to know a good jumping off point in terms of price, given its condition.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
depthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished road
Lower mileage higher price even covered in dust as said in previous post with the value of the car they can be rebuilt like rowen atkinsons which had the engine ripped off after hitting a tree. I know of a uk dealer that has 2 and just sold 1 but with the rairity and value of the cars you never hear about many been sold. and mclaren very secretive with there F1 cars and customers

Old 10-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
zippycar is an unknown quantity at this point
PM Peleton25.

You will not get better advise or full provenance on almost every F1.

For all the great work he does for the F1 and help and advice he can give you, he would ceratianly not demand or expect, but would very much appreciate, your patronage.

Last edited by zippycar; 10-14-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:35 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
He doesn't need to PM me - I'm usually paying attention.

>8^)
ER

Old 10-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
Make him an offer you're comfortable with. The worst he can say is no. Gives you a starting point and breaks the ice! Pic's of car when possible

Quick Reply: If you had a shot at an F1