Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Teamspeed Member
AeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished road
Edited....

Last edited by AeolusDawnWalker; 02-20-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:12 AM
Teamspeed Member
AeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished roadAeolusDawnWalker is on a distinguished road
The cutaway image displaying the P1's powertrain can be found here, for some reason direct linkage into the post isn't working.

http://media.mclarenautomotive.com/image/details/2126/

ADW

Old 02-20-2013, 04:13 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Alex - this forum may resize large images, but it is ridiculous to post them here at full resolution.

>8^)
ER

Old 02-20-2013, 04:36 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
patrick95 is on a distinguished roadpatrick95 is on a distinguished road
I kindly request from the original poster not to post those humongous ultra-hi resolution images this way because they are freezing my computer

Old 02-20-2013, 04:43 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Alex doesn't care - he only knows how to cut & paste links.

Resizing images as a courtesy to other forum members is beyond his mental grasp. I've reported the post - hopefully a moderator will get to it soon as Alex didn't even care to self-edit when I called him on it either, and now it's too late.

>8^)
ER

Old 02-20-2013, 05:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
It's not that I don't care, the Edit button wasn't there on the other computer I was on. And now it's disappeared from my home laptop too - if it didn't I would edit the post using the medium resolution photos posted by GTSpirit.

Frankly I don't know why I'm even bothering to explain myself - you'll probably just say that's a weak excuse and brand me a liar. Then again, you've always been especially cruel, inhumane and evil when it comes to matters concerning me anyway, Erik, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

Refreshing doesn't help either - the Goddamn Edit button still refuses to appear. This is really annoying.

ADW

Old 02-20-2013, 05:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
Ok - this is really frustrating. Now, after ending the Firefox process in Task Manager and restarting it then logging back in, the Edit button appears in my previous post and this one - but not any before that. What the hell??

I don't know what else to try - if an Admin could assist, it would really be appreciated.

ADW

Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 AM
McLaren Fanatic
You're supposed to think of these things before you slam a post up with 5 images over 3MB and 4000 to 5000 pixels in resolution. TeamSpeed's forum software gives you 15 minutes to edit a post - after that only a moderator can.

And yeah - if you didn't get the memo yesterday you're not deserving of my courtesies any longer. Get over it or get lost.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 02-20-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Senna1994
When I spoke with Frank Stephenson and Marcus at the premiere of the P1, they told me they are 2 years away on the P13car. Wonder if there will be any changes for P13 still happening. When the 12C was introduced the dates Frank told me on the P1 was spot on.
Originally Posted by Mark ANTAR
I believe that's an accurate date, given that McLaren are releasing a new model or variant every year. The refreshed 12C should go on sale in 2014 (late 2013 reveal) and hopefully, we should see the P13 in 2014 while production starts in 2015.

The P13 has definitely, the toughest competitor in the automotive world, the 911 is the most complete car that has ever been in my opinion, especially the 991. The P13 should be something extra special to beat the 911.
They are NOT 2 years away on the external design of the car .
I rarely write things like this this but every time I do it is first hand and I am never wrong .like the p1 , its interior ( even down to the buttons on the wheel ) the 918 details , 4.0 gt3rs etc etc .
The mini Mac design has been seen gentlemen . I'm not commenting on for sale date because I have no knowledge or interest in this event

Last edited by wtdoom; 02-20-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Loving that pic of the blue in the back of the car . Am concerned about cooling however as I know how much effort , time and expense Porsche put into theirs . Guaranteed full power in all conditions at all times is no joke . The 918 has had every reliability , temperature etc etc test that the Boxster has .
Also concerned about the Tyres , last time I was there they hadn't decided on Tyres yet when Porsche had been working with a a manufacturer for two years .

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar