Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I had the pleasure of going with Erik aka Peloton25 for the debut of the amazing new P1. As stated before pictures do not do the car justice. There are so many cool details that I love about the car.
1. The ducts in the top of the doors are amazing
2. The rear of the car which with the wing in the down position is barely higher than my knee!
3. The roof scoop
4. Just how amazing it looks with the wing either up or down
5. If you don't like the honeycomb in the rear don't worry cause the production model will be completely open in that entire rear area under the taillights!
6. Ducts behind the front wheels that chanel air through the lower part of the door.
There are so many other little details that I love. I would like to thank everyone at McLaren for taking the time to show us this amazing car.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Moncho is on a distinguished roadMoncho is on a distinguished roadMoncho is on a distinguished roadMoncho is on a distinguished road
A lot of discussion about the P1 not being "beautiful" or "pretty". Is the MP4-27 "pretty"?? Nobody seems to care. It is efficient and designed to get from point "A" to point "B" in the fastest, most efficient way. The P1 was designed the same way, and in that way is a "beautiful" piece of engineering. Which also happens to look awesome in my view!!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Moncho
... Is the MP4-27 "pretty"??...
UMMMM YES!!!! That thing is freakin' awesome! By far the best car on the grid. Now have there been better sure, but under dthe current rules it is AWESOME!

P.S. I totally get your point, just didn't like your analogy.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Moncho is on a distinguished roadMoncho is on a distinguished roadMoncho is on a distinguished roadMoncho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
UMMMM YES!!!! That thing is freakin' awesome! By far the best car on the grid. Now have there been better sure, but under dthe current rules it is AWESOME!

P.S. I totally get your point, just didn't like your analogy.
I agree with you. I'm not saying the MP4-27 isn't pretty. Nobody cares, as long as it's fast!! Function over form is king when it comes to speed and efficiency.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Copper anyone?

Name:  gold1.jpg
Views: 2730
Size:  152.2 KB

Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe Metallic Black?

Name:  metblack.jpg
Views: 13556
Size:  144.8 KB

Old 09-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Loving the black

Old 09-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
This is the one!
Originally Posted by DJ
Maybe Metallic Black?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Funkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished road
Old 09-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Ill get scared if i seem that at night and I was behind it

I kinda disliked it at the start but after seeing it in the flesh it's real growing onto me hmmmmm

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar