Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Cars and Coffee in West Chester PA with the MP4-12C

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
I love it - like jaymoney I appreciate the softer lines. Especially in silver.

My only comment is that yous* should hold that meet somewhere other than a strip mall parking lot

"Here's an MP4-12C... and AT&T Mobile and TanWorks!"

*Long live Philly!

Old 11-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
The real measurable differences are found in the driving experience - the McLaren is ranked ahead of the 458 in some areas and this will force Ferrari and others to have to lift their game on future models.

>8^)
ER
Not sure if you've seen these videos?

Fifth Gear - McLaren MP4-12c vs Ferrari 458 Italia - YouTube

Mc Laren MP4-12C - Top Gear Review - YouTube

I have yet to see or read any review where the MP4 was ranked ahead of the 458 in driving experience. Remember driving experience is not the same as performance e.g. lap times. And even in the performance category it loses to other cars like the Porsche GT2RS.

Cheers

Old 11-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AdmiralMubutu is an unknown quantity at this point
Clarkson compares MP4-12C and GT2 RS here, from his new DVD.

McLaren MP4-12C vs Porsche 911 GT2 RS drag race - Jeremy Clarkson - YouTube

Old 11-20-2011, 12:55 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Pure Evo : The idea of the Cars and Coffee meetings is just a bunch of "car guys" meeting for a cup of coffee at a Starbucks somewhere and hang out talking about cars. We actually first introduced the MP4-12C in the Kimmel Centre in Philadelphia and in the local Neiman Marcus store.to our clients.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AdmiralMubutu
Clarkson compares MP4-12C and GT2 RS here, from his new DVD.

McLaren MP4-12C vs Porsche 911 GT2 RS drag race - Jeremy Clarkson - YouTube
https://teamspeed.com/forums/mclaren...ml#post1128899

Old 11-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AdmiralMubutu is an unknown quantity at this point
You need to compare apples to apples. You can't compare manufacturers times with those of journalists. Horst von Saurma probably has more Nordschiefe laps in 911 variants than anyone else on the planet. The fact that he was able to post HIS third best time ever in a car he was driving for the very first time is in his words, "astonishing". My understanding is he had a total of 12 minutes to familiarize himself with the car before attempting is one and only timed lap. I expect we will see significant faster laps when McLaren conducts their own test with someone like Chris Goodwin driving, who knows the cars unique features inside and out.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pure Evo
I love it - like jaymoney I appreciate the softer lines. Especially in silver.

My only comment is that yous* should hold that meet somewhere other than a strip mall parking lot

"Here's an MP4-12C... and AT&T Mobile and TanWorks!"

*Long live Philly!
.....looks worse in photos perhaps, but in reality it is a great spot for a Cars & Coffee meet. With parking for well over 100 (more like 200) cars, a friendly Starbucks right there, and right off of a major highway in the area it makes for the perfect spot to meet. Add in the college girls going into tan on saturday mornings and the spot is quite epic actually Why dont you get a gang from NOVA and come join us one weekend? First round on me

Old 11-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Erik@POTML
Pure Evo : The idea of the Cars and Coffee meetings is just a bunch of "car guys" meeting for a cup of coffee at a Starbucks somewhere and hang out talking about cars. We actually first introduced the MP4-12C in the Kimmel Centre in Philadelphia and in the local Neiman Marcus store.to our clients.
I was just playing with that comment. We have Cars and Coffee here too - as they do in most major areas - which I attend every Saturday (we have a giant photo thread here and several smaller car specific ones).

If that's where they hold it, and it's the best central location for the meet with tons of parking and the business owners encourage it, then it's the best place. Didn't mean any offense or to suggest that this car shouldn't be there. Just thought it was a funny juxtaposition

Old 11-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Why dont you get a gang from NOVA and come join us one weekend? First round on me
I was going to say you guys should come down here, but I'll totally drive up there in the spring and try to get some of the guys to come with me. It could be a combo car/food road trip. My wife and I love Philadelphia, in fact Pennsylvania as a whole, and drive up there often for concerts or just to get some good food.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:18 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Erik@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
You should certainly come visit us at our store. We should be up and running in December.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee in West Chester PA with the MP4-12C