Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:03 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone seen the vid with Tiff in it?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
another interesting tid bit I learned tonight, well i read it. looks to be true. the al mighty F1 uses VW Corrado mirrors

Old 06-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Chris! Those were some awesome pics and videos! Rep for you, brother!

I really wish I would've taken more shots of the McLaren when I had a chance to see one in person and even sit in it. I was just so amazed that I actually saw one that my brain function shut down.

The best way I can describe the McLaren F1 is that it's like sex. When you're a virgin (or you haven't seen a McLaren F1), you don't quite know what you're missing. You like the idea of it and you know you want it, but you're almost better off not knowing what it's like. As soon as you get that first taste, you're hooked and you have to have more!

Now I just realized I sound like a freaky sex addict.... I should've saved this post for the Manly Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Alzilla we're mostly guys in here so don't worry. We're all in the same boat...

Old 06-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Thanks Chris! Those were some awesome pics and videos! Rep for you, brother!

I really wish I would've taken more shots of the McLaren when I had a chance to see one in person and even sit in it. I was just so amazed that I actually saw one that my brain function shut down.

The best way I can describe the McLaren F1 is that it's like sex. When you're a virgin (or you haven't seen a McLaren F1), you don't quite know what you're missing. You like the idea of it and you know you want it, but you're almost better off not knowing what it's like. As soon as you get that first taste, you're hooked and you have to have more!

Now I just realized I sound like a freaky sex addict.... I should've saved this post for the Manly Thread

Im scared to say this, but your exactly right! Since I saw the white New York car, I have been close to obsessed with this thing, it is absolutly unreal in the flesh! I can't wait to see another!

Old 06-09-2009, 07:12 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
It seems to wollow about on the race track.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics Chris.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Of the 63 standard F1 supercars produced, only 20 were sold in the U.S.
A little late with my reply, but a slight correction is needed here.

64 standard production F1 road cars were built. Of those, none were originally sold in the USA as Gordon Murray and McLaren decided early on in the development process that trying to compromise to meet DOT and EPA regulations at the time would be far too costly and would require changes to the vehicle that would dilute it's purity. Also, the US government was not fond of the three-seater layout at all.

There are probably close to 20 F1s in the USA now, but there are a few interesting stories about how they came to arrive here. The first seven came in as "Ameritech F1s" - that whole story would take a few pages. Later, at the end of 1999 the DOT's "Show or Display" legislation was passed through Congress attached by a lobbyist to a larger transportation bill and that made it possible for many more F1s and cars like it to be imported. If anyone wants a more in depth explanation of Show or Display I can provide one.

BTW - You can all blame quickZohsix for me wandering over here and crashing the party. I'll try to add value where I can.

>8^)
ER

Old 06-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
There are probably close to 20 F1s in the USA now, but there are a few interesting stories about how they came to arrive here. The first seven came in as "Ameritech F1s" - that whole story would take a few pages.
I'd love to hear this story sometime if you're willing to share. It's really good to see you posting over here. I had wondered when you'd turn up...

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread