Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Thank god that is a rendering. That's the ugliest car I think I've ever seen.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
Eddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Alzilla
^^^Thank god that is a rendering. That's the ugliest car I think I've ever seen.
I think that's a bit extreme but its certainly not a patch on the original. I cannot think what McLaren can possibly do to make a successor to the original but if they get anywhere close to a 2012 F1 then it will be a hell if a car.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If thats the new car. The old one will go up in value by 30%

Old 04-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Member
bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
hey Peloton,

I know couple years back there was a a black/dark blue McLaren in Melbourne Australia but not to sure if its still here or not..did you hear anything about this ? if so would you still no if its in Australia or is there a McLaren located in Australia. Never seen one real life and would love to catch one around.

thanx champ

Old 04-13-2011, 03:44 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
A dark blue or black F1 in Australia would be news to me. If you have any further details or imagery I would be interested to see that.

Chassis #009 has been in Australia since new. I have heard that this car was only allowed in under special circumstances given it's central driving position so I'd really be surprised if there was another. This F1 was originally silver and then resprayed dark silver after an accident in 1999. It is still there today wearing Victoria registration and you just missed seeing it at MotorClassica show back in October. Here's a photo from the event:

There were also two F1 GTRs that made brief stops in Australia by way of Maranello Motorsports. One was papaya orange and the other was pink and grey (LARK racing livery). Both were sold on rather quickly.

New Zealand has two F1s right now (one silver and one dark silver with the Downforce Kit) and used to have third that was metallic blue.

>8^)
ER

Old 04-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Red Riding Hood

Attached Images    
Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Great stuff!

It has been so nice to see #021 cleaned up and finally getting some public exposure.

If only the Brunei collection could receive the same treatment.

>8^)
ER

Old 04-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
^^How many F1 does the sultan of brunei have and what models?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:38 PM
McLaren Fanatic
As of late 2009 there was still a pair of road cars, three F1 LMs, one F1 GTR and one F1 GT in the Brunei collection. There was one road car that 'escaped' from Brunei and was sold in the UK in 2002. There was another road car that was totaled by a mechanic back in the 1990's when things were still booming over there. There's also one more road car that is attributed to the Brunei Royal Family that has gone unaccounted for.

Cliff Notes: A total of 10 at one point (perhaps just 9) and then two are gone and one is missing, leaving 7 over there now.

>8^)
ER

Old 04-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^ I hate when my F1s go missing. Oh well

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread