Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012 | 07:07 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
#014 is still in New York I take it. Any other F1s in the New England area that you know about?

Old 02-25-2012 | 07:25 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes - #014 is still with the same owner since August 2006.

Ralph Lauren has his three - #055, #074 and LM3 - but they aren't always in NY. Gary Schaevitz has a pair - #024 and #045. Peter Sachs has #038. According to Gary those three gentleman all have homes within a few miles of each other in NY. Herb Chambers still owns #044. In addition to #014 those are the only ones I am aware of in the North East now that #068 and #007 have both moved on.

>8^)
ER

Old 02-26-2012 | 05:36 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
More to follow from dancphotography.

Click to get the hires and follow him on Flickr.

>8^)
ER

Old 02-26-2012 | 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Artzt is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol I had the picture (obviously) so why not post it?

Old 02-26-2012 | 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cc8s is on a distinguished roadcc8s is on a distinguished road
Erik, have you seen these pictures?

McLaren GTR | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 02-26-2012 | 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
You just missed it. Some Instagram shots from Bradley Farrell of #014 taken this morning:

>8^)
ER
Haha that would be the worst tease! However, I think I have seen that F1 pic before- and the scud is wearing a reg tag that expired in 2010.

Old 02-27-2012 | 04:22 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Originally Posted by cc8s
Erik, have you seen these pictures?

McLaren GTR | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Yes - I am pretty well covered when it comes to stuff on Flickr. Kevin McCauley started a group for The McLaren F1 and I help him Admin it. We've compiled over 1,000 F1 photos in there already.

Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Haha that would be the worst tease! However, I think I have seen that F1 pic before- and the scud is wearing a reg tag that expired in 2010.
I wasn't kidding - Bradley Tweeted all four of those photos yesterday morning. Prior to that I've not seen those pics and I think it is fair to say I've seen most. You're welcome to ask him about it - maybe he'd even invite you out next time?

Instagram

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 02-27-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-11-2012 | 12:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
My definitive favorite supercar. Ever.

PD: Which was difference betweeen the F1s with the normal mirror and the ones with the mirrors in the A-Pillar?

Old 03-11-2012 | 04:32 AM
McLaren Fanatic
The story of the high mirrors goes like this. They were part of the original design concept that Gordon Murray and team presented to the world in Monaco back in 1992 - seen here on the non-running "Clinic Model".

<-- Click

Through the development process that followed it was discovered that having the mirrors in this position would not allow the F1 to conform to SVA guidelines in the UK. As they were already battling over the center seating position it was decided to forgo the high mirrors in favor of ones mounted in a more traditional position on the door.

At around the mid-point of the production run a customer from Germany requested McLaren to build his F1 with mirrors mounted on the A-pillars like were featured on the original concept. Since he was from Germany there was no concern about meeting those SVA guidelines so the request was undertaken. After a bit of research they decided to borrow the mirror housing BMW had designed for the Z1 roadster as it was mounted in a similar location and modified the frame of the F1s doors to accommodate it.

The first car built to receive the mirrors was chassis #040. Originally it was silver then after changing hands a couple of times its current owner had it painted blue, and now a very dark blue.

<-- Click

There are four others #050, #055, #071 and #074.

<-- Click

Chassis #055 and #074 both belong to Ralph Lauren and had the high mirrors fitted later, after ordering a new set of doors for each one.

>8^)
ER

Old 03-11-2012 | 06:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Might have been posted somewhere already, if so then I'm sry

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread