Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:35 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
You can do your math again on a final bid price of $3.25M USD + 10% commission.

I shot a crude video of the bidding for this car - exciting to watch the run up to the final bid:

YouTube - McLaren F1 #062 auctioned by Gooding & Co - $3.25M

>8^)
ER

Old 08-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-16-2010, 05:57 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Had not seen it, but I question the legitimacy of the ad. The first F1 built after the prototypes was #002 for the Brunei Royal Family painted Dorchester Grey. Here's an image of it:

The car in the photos on Jameslist is #013 when it was for sale at BingoSports in Japan back in January 2009.

The ad may be referring to chassis #001 which was silver, but the year they have listed of 1995 would be incorrect. Here is that car:

Last but not least the asking price is far too low for the first car with almost no mileage. I have a feeling that if #001 were available it would exceed the price #062 just brought by a considerable amount.

I remain skeptical but thanks for the heads up sir.

>8^)
ER

Old 08-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
This was the first car to go to sale following five prototypes and is currently owned by Gembella North America. Yes, that Gemballa.

Is this correct Eric?

Old 08-16-2010, 07:28 PM
McLaren Fanatic
I'll just say that nothing in the ad jives with anything I know.

As I said in my reply on Jalopnik - hold onto your checkbook.

I sent an email to the seller about 30 mins ago asking for lots of clarification. I give it about a 50/50 chance of getting a reply.

>8^)
ER

Old 08-17-2010, 01:37 AM
McLaren Fanatic
No reply from the seller but the ad has been changed and no longer references this as the first F1. My guess now is that this is a broker trying to market a particular F1 which is in Japan and almost fits the description.

>8^)
ER

Old 08-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
No reply from the seller but the ad has been changed and no longer references this as the first F1. My guess now is that this is a broker trying to market a particular F1 which is in Japan and almost fits the description.

>8^)
ER
Haha, schooled

Old 08-28-2010, 11:53 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I've said this before, but I am absolutely amazed at your knowledge on these cars Peloton.

If you don't already own one, McLaren should give you one simply because you are a walking talking McLaren bible!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Peloton25

>8^)
ER
Peloton,

This second picture kind of had me confused and it jogged my memory. The F1 never came with a fog light option that you know of or did it? I dug into my archives and these pictures seem to show something peculiar in the inner vents on the front bumper. Any thoughts?

Attached Images   

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread