Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
F1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Holy shitballs! That's soooooo awesome! It's cool to see a car that most likely raced at Le Mans at one point be driven on the streets back to the track from where ever its home is.
Ran in 1996 in FINA livery for Team Bigazzi.

16R.

Great passion to drive it all the way down to Le Mans, doubly for pairing up with an F40.

Thanks for the images by the way Revio.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Lucky indeed!!

The silver car with the red interior is chassis #024 and belongs to Gary Schaevitz. The second F1 under the tarp in his garage should be #045. We've exchanged a couple of emails over the years. He's a rather nice gentleman and the F1s are just the tip of the iceberg in his collection from what I understand.

Pretty safe to assume that this photo from 0-60mag was taken that same day:

Thanks so much for the new pictures!

>8^)
ER
Ah Peloton,

I was wondering if you were going to catch that in the last picture. The unique red interior must have given it away. Those pictures were indeed taken on the same day, I used to work for 0-60 (still do some freelance) and Mr. Schaevitz was generous enough to allow us to use #024 for our photoshoot. I believe he owned another chassis, yellow possibly owned by the Sultan of Brunei before his purchase of #045 correct? Perhaps you have some more info regarding this. Cheers.

Stan

Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Your belief is correct. He purchased chassis #014 through Taylor & Crawley in the UK at the end of 2002 which did come out of the Brunei collection. He kept the car until the end of 2005 and sold it to Silicon Valley Auto Group who spent the better part of the next year trying to sell the car. They ended up auctioning it the following summer through RM in Monterey where it sold for $1.705M including the 10% buyer's premium.

The car was purchased by another NY collector who sent it back to the factory in 2007 for a complete refit and it ended up receiving quite an impressive transformation:

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 06-15-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
That white one is definitely a lot hotter than it was in yellow. The spoiler suits it nicely.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:49 AM
CH.
Teamspeed Senior Member
CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Ludas
You're officially my favourite french TS member!
The papaya orange in combination with the gunmetal grey rims is so fvcking hot!!!
Automotive perfection imo.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ken Cravillion is an unknown quantity at this point
In that first picture of the white one I can see it is running at Road America here in Wisconsin...

Old 06-17-2010, 07:31 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Right you are - it was the 2009 Ferrari Nationals held at Road America last August. You can see the rest of Dan's photos of the white F1 here, here, and here.

>8^)
ER

Old 06-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Faaaaaaawk. I think that's the first Papaya Orange (if I'm not mistaken) Macca F1 I've seen that isn't either an LM or a GTR. Oh how I do love it so.

Notice the high mirrors too! I'm pretty sure this is my new favorite F1 road car.

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread