Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:11 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
There are authorized McLaren service centers in a few locations around the world, so the cars don't always have to travel back to the factory. There may be some jobs that are more extensive than a service center traditionally handles and I am sure there are some owners who just prefer the factory does all the work. Air freight charges are relatively cheap, so these cars can move around the world fairly quickly.

McLaren also will send someone to the car anywhere in the world to do the service work, which is where that rolling FACOM toolchest comes in handy. This is probably not a unique occurrence, but I know of one car that had an engine-out service done very far from any F1 service center or the factory, with the assistance of a McLaren technician who was flown in. I've also heard of instances where the factory will train your own mechanic to do the basic maintenance on the car.

The support for these cars is only comparable to something like Ferrari's Classiche division, the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust or Mercedes Benz Classic Center. Even then, I think McLaren exceeds them all and is leagues better than anything offered by other supercar manufacturers of that era. Bugatti has something similar now for the Veyron, likely influenced by former CEO, Thomas Bscher's, experiences from his own time as a McLaren F1 owner.

BTW - the two Authorized F1 service centers in the USA are both located at BMW's Ports of Entry on opposite coasts. The West coast one is in Oxnard/Port Hueneme, CA and the East coast one is in Montvale, NJ.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 02-28-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again.... what ever doubt pops up I will sure try to challenge you. LOL!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura about
Hey guys

With regards to the McLaren with the "unusual" headlights - My friend is the guy that details it!!

He works on a lot of high end cars

Unfortunately, due to his nondisclosure agreements he is not able to share any information with me

So close

Attached Images      
Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Your friend Gurcharn does impeccable work and is a very nice guy. I think we all understand and respect the need for confidentiality with his business clients, so no worries on that.

>8^)
ER

Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
^^^It looks sleepy.

Also, I spy with my little eye something that is Papya Orange behind the silver F1...

Old 03-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura aboutant_8u has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Your friend Gurcharn does impeccable work and is a very nice guy. I think we all understand and respect the need for confidentiality with his business clients, so no worries on that.

>8^)
ER
Do you know him yourself?

Old 03-01-2010, 10:58 PM
McLaren Fanatic
No - but when those photos first appeared on his website, it didn't take them long to make it into our McLaren F1 forum on AF.com. Not long after that, he joined and made a few comments and then he and I exchanged a couple of PMs as well.

Alex - That's GTR #15R. The silver F1 with the High Downforce Kit is almost surely chassis #059 btw. Both cars may be owned by Lindsay Owen-Jones. We'll figure it out eventually...

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 03-01-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Peloton25
No - but when those photos first appeared on his website, it didn't take them long to make it into our McLaren F1 forum on AF.com. Not long after that, he joined and made a few comments and then he and I exchanged a couple of PMs as well.

Alex - That's GTR #15R. The silver F1 with the High Downforce Kit is almost surely chassis #059 btw. Both cars may be owned by Lindsay Owen-Jones. We'll figure it out eventually...

>8^)
ER
He's very cool
All being well I'm hoping to get him working on my car soon

Attached Images       
Old 03-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
great pics guys.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent pics.

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread