Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:42 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
2 different cars had the same number plates I think. One is a NZ car, the other an Aussie.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Are they still in Australia ?

Old 06-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes. Well the pics are from a f1 owners meeting in Italy. That car is still Australian owned.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:21 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
The Dark Silver car without the Downforce Kit has been in Australia all its life. Currently on its third owner. It is chassis #009.

The other one is #018 which has traveled the world with various owners but is now in New Zealand and likely to stay a while.

>8^)
ER

Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ogaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
The Dark Silver car without the Downforce Kit has been in Australia all its life. Currently on its third owner. It is chassis #009.
That is my favorite spec.
Well almost in any car I like grey/black exterior with tan interior.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!bbbaazzzz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Let me know when you find out information about coming back to Australia and where abouts in Melbourne. Maybe I could finally see my dream car in real life ....

Old 06-15-2012, 11:23 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I had a couple of brief chats with the owner of #009 in Italy but we didn't become great friends in the process so I doubt I can be much help to you.

He does use the car quite a bit, has displayed it a few times during the GP weekend and at Motorclassica in 2010. He is also known to use the car for his everyday trips and leave it parked up all over downtown Melbourne. You'll just need to be in the right place at the right time I think. Good luck!

>8^)
ER

Old 06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Hi everyone. I just joined after reading all 110 pages of this thread and Erik, your knowledge never ceases to amaze me!

I have a question. Over the Mclarens headlight, what is the little piece that looks like a popup headlight? I know it isn't another light.
And are there any longtail FINA race cars that have been converted to roadcars that retain their livery?
And how many race cars of the 26 have been converted?

Thanks (:

Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think any longtailes have been converted. And I think 5 gtrs have been converted. I'm sure Eric will chime in with his vast knowledge.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Originally Posted by ZondaTricolore
Hi everyone. I just joined after reading all 110 pages of this thread and Erik, your knowledge never ceases to amaze me!
Glad you have enjoyed it.

I have a question. Over the Mclarens headlight, what is the little piece that looks like a popup headlight? I know it isn't another light.
It's just an access panel - bit of a styling element too I think. The original design of the F1 had an eyebrow-shaped vent in that panel that allowed hot air to escape from behind the radiators while the car was idling. In hotter climates McLaren have been known to recommend removing that panel to allow additional air flow, but its very uncommon that would be necessary.

And are there any longtail FINA race cars that have been converted to roadcars that retain their livery?
And how many race cars of the 26 have been converted?
To my knowledge none of the 10 longtail GTRs have been converted for road use. It is my understanding that neither McLaren nor Lanzante Motorsports who look after many of the cars in the UK will undertake that job. Too much to change and too many alterations to the car would be necessary thus spoiling some of its originality.

There are actually 28 F1 GTRs in total - 9 from 1995, 9 from 1996 and 10 of the longtails from 1997. Of those early 18 I count 10 that have been converted for road use. Listing them by chassis number they are #02R, #05R, #06R, #07R, #10R, #11R, #12R, #13R, #14R, #16R. Four of those plus one of the non-converted GTRs have been resprayed in McLaren's orange paint giving them the look of an F1 LM.

>8^)
ER

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread